Wick Pin Question

I purchased my wick pins from wholesale supplies plus out of Cleveland Ohio.

I seem to have two issues and just wanted to know how everyone else's experiences shake out...

1. The base of the wick pins are much more concave than I would like. I use flat round wick tabs and just don't need that much clearance; and,

2. The base circumference of my wick pins are just a hair or two smaller than the base of my votive cup and therefore, wax seeps underneath and when I remove the votive and then the pin, then more times than not a piece of the bottom rim will snap off when I remove the wick pin...

Thoughts? Does anyone make 'flat' wick pins and if not, why? Does it cause removal issues? Does everyone's wick pins have that much 'play' in the base of the votive mold (metal)?

TIA

I purchased my wick pins from wholesale supplies plus out of Cleveland Ohio.

I seem to have two issues and just wanted to know how everyone else's experiences shake out...

1. The base of the wick pins are much more concave than I would like. I use flat round wick tabs and just don't need that much clearance; and,

2. The base circumference of my wick pins are just a hair or two smaller than the base of my votive cup and therefore, wax seeps underneath and when I remove the votive and then the pin, then more times than not a piece of the bottom rim will snap off when I remove the wick pin...

Thoughts? Does anyone make 'flat' wick pins and if not, why? Does it cause removal issues? Does everyone's wick pins have that much 'play' in the base of the votive mold (metal)?

TIA

Yes they do have flat bottons on another wick pin made on the West Coast, and they work great