can i use plastic moulds for these???

Hi guys, i've been attmpting to do rustic pillars for a while now without any joy. The first attempt was da best i did a layered one and i managed to get the rustic look only it fell off as i pulled it out the mould! amny attempts since then have just given me a smooth shiny candle with a lacey affect- pretty but not wot im trying to achieve!! I even got my boyfriend to try one has only ever over poured on some chunky candles b 4 thinking he might get beginners luck!! no chance!!

Any tips or advice would be greatfuly recieved!!! Thanks a million in advance :undecided

I started with plastic moulds and couldn't get a *real* rustic look, they were always shiny.

I had white "strips" but the surface was not so rustic.

I suggest start using a metal mould. You will see the difference.

okay i will try them without the freezer first!! Am i right in thinking that if im doing layers then i only slosh the wax to the point that im going to pour to or will the 'rustic' come away from the candle when its removed if i slosh all the way up the sides sorry to sound so stupid but i havent had much luck and want to get it right with the new moulds!! Thanx again:yay:

im sure i will have fun thankyou so much for your advice, if i manage to got them right and can work out how to post then i'll put a pic in the gallery!! Untill then i'll keep admiring everyone elses!!! Thanx a mill