Why , are so many people crazy about Yankee.

I like a couple of the scents from Yankee and haven't found dupes of them yet (Island Spa and Sun & Sand). I do think that the formula they use has changed. The candles I bought back in the 80's had great strong scents and excellent throw. Now, they are weak and practically non-exsistent.

That is one of the reasons I am interested in making my own candles. Plus I've got only a ga-jillion empty candle containers stored around my house begging me to do something with them.

I wish we had a few good local candle shops here. There used to be one that you would take your empty containers into and they would fill it with the candle scent and color of your choice. I've bought a couple of strong tarts from some eBay place but nothing I've felt that strongly about buying again.

I'm a nut about having fragrance in my house so if I can't find good candles I throw my money away on the plug in types national brand air fresheners. I would much rather buy great handmade products.