water slide decals

I hate to sound so stupid, but I've never used these and I'm not sure I'm understanding it right. You buy this paper for the decals and then design your own or how do you print on them? If you wanted to make a palm pillar and add text to it, how does it work? Sorry for being so dumb about this, but the candles in the gallery with text using this are beautiful! Any help would be appreciated, TIA Dee

I make my own water slide decals using an image I chose, then printed on decal paper from my ink jet printer. Almost any graphics program will let you add text to your image if you want that, as well as resize, brighten, etc. Be sure to follow the instructions to seal the image once you've printed it (spray with Krylon), cut your image out, then soak in warm water then slide your decal onto your item. They sell both white and clear decal paper because if your image has white in it, (an ink jet printer can't print white) IF your object to receive the decal is white, then you can still use the clear paper. Personally, I prefer to use the clear whenever possible because with the white, your decal will show white anywhere you didn't trim close enough to the edge. I haven't done them on the particular candles you are referring to, so if there are more tricks, maybe someone who has can jump in and help you out. I just thought I'd toss you the basics. HTH

Darla...thanks much, that makes sense to me. I guess I'll just have order some and give it a try! I do the canes with photo embeds, but I like how the water slide looks for text, like on the palm pillars. Wish me luck!