FOH reviews?

I'm not going to be much help here...but I got a sample of Pineapple Ginger w/ my last order....and OOB it is VERY nice. I don't smell ginger much at all, but the pineapple is delicious! I'll probably drop it into wax soon....

Donna

I made up a couple yeah mon candles using 100% soy (GB 415) and forgot about them until yesterday. They had been curing for 3 weeks. The scent is very weak and I can barely smell it in my bathroom.

OOB it reminded me of pina colada but the pina colada I have from BCN is alot stronger.

Maybe someone else has had better luck with this scent than I did but it was pretty weak to me.

On a better note, I did have great luck with the tahitian vanilla spice, peanut butter brownie pie, apple cobbler delight and bamboo sugar cane. Lemon sugar was great in tarts but had a fuel smell in a candle. My favorite was the madagascar vanilla. I didn't think I would like that one at first but its a nice scent.

I've never tried Yea Mon but I have tried coco beach baby. It had a strong throw. Everyone who smelled it said, "Pina Colada". It doesn't have pineapple so i didnt think pina colada but the coconut is "tropical"

Eve

Hi ladies!!

I've read your reviews of Yeah Mon! I didn't know that it wasn't throwing...our initial testing is what is posted on my website!!

Please if any of you get results different from what is listed, let me know. For what they are charging for this one...it better be throwing in soy!! I've called the maufacturer and told them to look into it to see why it is no longer doing good in soy. I've sent them back some of the oil that I have right now and they are going to analize it and see what can be done to correct this.

Again, please let me know of any problems with my oils so that I can correct them if need be. I don't know if there are problems unless I'm told. So...if you have any problems...just email me :)

Thanks!!

Kim

Fragrance Oil Heaven

I made a candle using: 1 oz per pound and a CD 16 wick for a 8 oz wide mouth. I had a fuel smell. I thought maybe it was my nose so I had a friend try it and she said it reminded her of a strange medicine type smell lol I also tried it with sugar cookie to see if I could come up with a lemon drop cookie. It wasn't a great idea for a candle burning but was great in tarts. I wish I could find a good bakery lemon scent that doesn't smell like fuel. I will never understand why adding a wick really affects a citrus scent like this.

At least it doesn't go to waste and it can be used for tarts :D

BCN must have really improved their Pina Colada. I've had a bottle for a couple of years that is so weak you can barely detect it in the bottle...hence the reason I still have it. No throw at all in paraffin. Yeah Mon is a hundred times stronger OOB, but haven't tested it yet in my soy blend.

Thanks everyone ... I'm trying to find a nice tropical scent ... maybe I'll just have to order the Coco Beach Baby. :yes:

Here are some ideas:

Just Scent:

BEACH BUM - Lazy days by the pool; warm sun on your back...but you crave something good to drink to keep you in that melancholy beach mood... something tropical - imagine a frothy concoction of coconut and vanilla, with middle notes of peach, apple, banana and sweet berries topped off with pineapple, traces of lemon and orange. YUMMM! Beach Bum is perfect to keep you in that sunny frame of mind! Super strong in soy, safe in bath and body! I haven't tested this one yet but it smells like a mixed tropical fruit drink OOB.

“JAMAICAN” ME CRAZY! This is a really strong blend of tropical fruits!! Coconut, cranberry, pineapple, berries and bananas all blended together to give you an exotic tropical blend! Has an awesome scent throw - great in soy and paraffin! It is also bath and body safe! I wish I knew where I put the tarts that I made with this one to sniff again but I remember my daughter said it smelled good enough to eat lol.

FLIP FLOPS - This is THE BEST Tropical Vanilla! A PERFECT Summer Scent! Tons of coconut mixed into a creamy rich vanilla! SUPER STRONG! This oil will blow your socks off! Very tropical. You will have to remind yourself that you are not at a beach resort waiting for a fresh cocktail and someone to rub lotion on your back! Excellent in soy and safe for bath and body! Stronger on the coconut than on the vanilla but reminds me of hawaiin tropic sun tan oil.

I also used the flip flops as a base. I mixed it 1/2 flip flops, 1/2 pineapple. I also mixed 1/2 flip flops, 1/4 pineapple and 1/4 mango - smells wonderful! I have tried several coconut's and they usually remind me of a soap or crayon smell but the flip flops was a nice coconut scent without the crayon or soap smell to me.

I have a bottle of hawaiian cake FO that I am not sure where I got it but its a nice sweet tropical scent. Just Scent had several more that had a tropical sound to them but I haven't tried the other ones to say yeah or nay on. I usually like to make the most of my FO's so I try to blend my own ideas when I can, especially after reading scent descriptions.

Candlebuddy, I tried the Lemon Sugar in C-3 and it did have a fuel smell. I love it in tarts though. I tried the Lemon Tart from Backwoods and no fuel smell but not much of a throw. I had to get right on top of it to smell it. I haven't tried the Yeah Mon yet. It does smell like a Pina Colada OOB though.

Missy

I made a candle using: 1 oz per pound and a CD 16 wick for a 8 oz wide mouth. I had a fuel smell. I thought maybe it was my nose so I had a friend try it and she said it reminded her of a strange medicine type smell lol I also tried it with sugar cookie to see if I could come up with a lemon drop cookie. It wasn't a great idea for a candle burning but was great in tarts. I wish I could find a good bakery lemon scent that doesn't smell like fuel. I will never understand why adding a wick really affects a citrus scent like this.

At least it doesn't go to waste and it can be used for tarts :D

Jami, if you are looking for a good bakery lemon, try the lemon pound cake at BCS...its awesome and no fuel..or try the lemon bundt cake special (closeout) at BCN...this one is good also, and no fuel...these are bakery types, not straight lemons...HTH

I have to add one more thing about FOH's comments...Two people here posted that it threw weak, and Kim responded immediately and has put in inquiries to the manufacturer etc... to find out why some people aren't getting a throw out of it. She DID NOT respond with the typical supplier response of "we get a great throw from it, there is nothing wrong with the oil" blah blah blah...that is the answer I get all to often when not getting a throw from an oil that is suppose to throw strong..I understand suppliers cannot react over every single 'no throw for me' response to an oil, but sometimes it is nice to see a supplier take charge and look into it other than the total brush off of 'its you, not our oils' response. Thanks FOH!:highfive:

I agree, the way Kim responded was great. Kudos on speaking with the manufacturer and sending them a sample to analyze and correct the problem. Now, I'm looking forward to more feedback from Kim once she hears back from the manufacturer.

It will be interesting to hear what compensation the manufacturer might offer FOH in light of this situation, and ultimately, how that compensation will affect FOH customers that purchased the fo.

Hopefully, we'll hear soon. Kim is a wonderful supplier, I'm sure she'll follow thru and update us.