Checking in while waiting...

for my wax to cool...

My name is Tereasa (not just a pithy forum name, eh?)... I've lurked here for a long time and finally decided to say hello to everyone.

I started making soy wax candles in 2001. I bought soy wax because it was cheaper than paraffin (joke on me, eh?) and thought, as many do, that I'd have an instant and lucrative business. Well... I made some candles... they all turned out brown because yellow and blue make green, but without a color wheel... welllll... brown. No big deal, I tell myself. My co-workers and friends were soooo supportive and bought these brown things. Only to have to come back and tell me that they had no scent. THEN (backwards, I know) I did some research. I was mortified about the chances I'd taken. I haven't sold a candle since. Anyway... that's my beginnings... I'd like to think I've made some forward steps in my endeavors, lol...

Anyway, having said that, I thought it might be all right to post some things that newbies may need to purchase that perhaps they haven't considered... chime in with anything I miss, please!

From the Store:

Burn Cream, band-aids, stongly consider goggles, lots of steak or whatever to appease your DH (or significant other)... maybe nothing else because that would cut back on fragrance shopping.

From the Book Store:

Uncommon Four Letter Words, and How to Properly Use Them in a Sentence

Everything You Need to Know About Mantras

(let it cure... ooohhhhmmm.... let it cure....)

Get a publisher for auto-biography, Just One More Vanilla!

Anyone else have suggestions?

Hi Tereasa and welcome, your post made me smile. :grin2:

I especially like the idea of a book that tells you how to use four letter words in a structured sentence, as I tend to just chuck expletives in all over the place and that's not a good look.

Also good tip about the steak, to appease the DH when his dinner arrives burned, late or both because I have been far too busy doing other things.

Oh Man, I forgot the burn bream & band-aids!!! :P

for my wax to cool...

My name is Tereasa (not just a pithy forum name, eh?)... I've lurked here for a long time and finally decided to say hello to everyone.

I started making soy wax candles in 2001. I bought soy wax because it was cheaper than paraffin (joke on me, eh?) and thought, as many do, that I'd have an instant and lucrative business. Well... I made some candles... they all turned out brown because yellow and blue make green, but without a color wheel... welllll... brown. No big deal, I tell myself. My co-workers and friends were soooo supportive and bought these brown things. Only to have to come back and tell me that they had no scent. THEN (backwards, I know) I did some research. I was mortified about the chances I'd taken. I haven't sold a candle since. Anyway... that's my beginnings... I'd like to think I've made some forward steps in my endeavors, lol...

Anyway, having said that, I thought it might be all right to post some things that newbies may need to purchase that perhaps they haven't considered... chime in with anything I miss, please!

From the Store:

Burn Cream, band-aids, stongly consider goggles, lots of steak or whatever to appease your DH (or significant other)... maybe nothing else because that would cut back on fragrance shopping.

From the Book Store:

Uncommon Four Letter Words, and How to Properly Use Them in a Sentence

Everything You Need to Know About Mantras

(let it cure... ooohhhhmmm.... let it cure....)

I moved my shop to the basement. My hb said HE needed to have a place to fix him something to eat, men... fix me something too while your at it!:whip:

#1 Get another Credit Card with "0"% interest for a year.... very improtant. :wink2:

I moved my shop to the basement. My hb said HE needed to have a place to fix him something to eat, men... fix me something too while your at it!:whip:

#1 Get another Credit Card with "0"% interest for a year.... very improtant. :wink2:

And keep switching everytime you have to start paying interest:laugh2:

How about "I never knew you could use that for that" subtitled: New uses for common kitchen utensils.

I used to measure out my FO with a tablespoon (before I started weighing) and I would have to keep and eagle eye out to make sure it didn't get put in the utensil drawer again. Ditto for the old knife I use to shave dye blocks. and the digital thermometer that will never touch food again.....

and bamboo skewers -- I love me some bamboo skewers for stirring and poking relief holes.