gardening for soap?!

Lady_Sudz

Some of the herbs I grow for soaping are peppermint, spearmint, patchouli, comfrey, lemongrass, sage and lemon verbena. As with all my herbs, I use no pesticides or chemicals. I went to one of our local herb festivals today and found some vetiver which I'll be looking into possibly incorporating into one of my soaps. Love my herbs! :D

Rena

I grow chamomile and calendula for oil infusions, along with peppermint, parsley, sage and thyme. I'm looking to add Rosemary too. I've never used chemicals on any of my plants, ornamental or edible, so I've never tried Miracle Grow. I use compost almost exclusively, and it does a fantastic job for me.

I amost forgot - Lavender! I grow lots of lavender...

I was wondering how your dry your herbs for soap? I am growing some this summer. I have read to put them in a 50/50 mixture of glycerin and water first before you hang to dry for use in soap. I always thought you just hang without this procedure like you do for cooking. What are your thoughts? Sorry to hijack this thread.

Janet