Newbie Question regarding scents

Hi:

I was directed to this website when I posed a question to someone because I was looking for a way to reuse yankee tarts because it seemed like its a huge waste of money to just keep buying new tarts all the time and also because the scent doesnt last that long. (im sure you candle makers already know this)

Making my own candle does appeal to me, but what I would like to know before I get started is that can the fragrances that can be purchased separately be used to fragrance used wax in a tart warmer? Or do these fragrances need to be blended according to the standard candle making process?

Basically, instead of throwing my tarts away, I just want to enhance their smell.

thanks

Why would you want to pay almost $2.00 for an ouce of wax to rescent? Buy some soy wax and a bottle of oil and make your own. You're not going to get much help comming here and being rude.

My sugestion if you want to stick around and learn form these wonderful people is it get a better attitude and wait a few hrs on a reply before calling people names.

I would have answered your question but now that I saw your second post I think I'm too much of a snob to help you out! In future you may want to give it more than an hour before you start name calling. On a nice Sunday afternoon not everyone is sitting at home on there computers

Let's see ... your first post was at 5:56pm ... and then your second post was at 6:46pm ... a whole 50 minutes, and no one responded ... then you get PO'd and call us snobs.

You need to chill and learn how to play nice ... remember, this is a candle board and we all have lives. We aren't sitting at our computers waiting for you to ask a question. You may need to apologize for your attitude (or at least change it) if you want to fit in. No one likes to be called names.

Now you see what you've done ... you got me PO'd too. :laugh2:

Razzy,

No one is a snob on this board and more than willing to help. I realize you're probably chomping at the bit to experiment with wax and FO's but let me give a bit of advise. I've been making candles for a long time and the best way is the correct way and that's to make your own. If you just dump FO into used wax, how much would you add? Would the FO start on fire? What kind of wax is it? There are too many variables to mess with.

Pour out the wax and make your own, it's well worth it in a long run. You'll need to research as far as what type of wax you want to use, what FO you have or will be getting and the characteristics of each products you purchase.

A voice of experience... Hope I've helped you out some?:yes:

Toni

Come on girls, I'm sure she didn't mean it? Be nice