I finally have a curing rack!

eva

Very nice! Do they have trays that slide into it or how does it work?

Steph

Yes, the trays slide into it. At first I wanted to buy a trolley like they use in diners (I don't know if you use them in US, but here they are common in bistros and such) But the new ones cost like 400$ and even the used ones were 250$:undecided .. So I figured as I do not need the rack to have wheels, I just need the space, it can be built out of wood. So it cost maybe 20$ + a few hours of my boyfriend's time. It is very handy, I do not have the soap trays all over the room anymore

Thats a really neat idea. I am all for saving money any way I can. I do have a question tho. What kind of trays are best to dry soaps on ? Plastics, polypro, metal?? Are the trays solid or wire rack types, ventilated in any way?? I am confused and I really can't see in the pic what type of trays they are.

Thats a really neat idea. I am all for saving money any way I can. I do have a question tho. What kind of trays are best to dry soaps on ? Plastics, polypro, metal?? Are the trays solid or wire rack types, ventilated in any way?? I am confused and I really can't see in the pic what type of trays they are.

I am using plastic trays and have not noticed a problem with ventilation as it is only one side of a soap that sits on a tray. If you are worried you can always turn the soap around at some point during the curing. I have thought about wire racks also, but as the soap is still quite soft when I take it out of the mold maybe it will leave marks on the soap? I have not tried this so I do not know.