Hey Bunny!!! Look what I made

anhoki

This was my first attempt in exactly a year. I ran out of a cream soap I was given as a gift and almost cried. I was determined to figure it out. This batch is 8 days old today. The "texture" is ground oatmeal. Works great. I left it unscented so I could take a little out here and there and add stuffies to it to see how it would make it different.

483103901_5e4c9f9744_m.jpg

THIS is my second and favorite. The color is from herb infused tomato juice and Tumeric powder. I used tomato juice for ALL of the lye sollution and infused it with rosemary, thyme, parsley and lavender. Scent didn't come through though. :embarasse I scented the entire batch with tangerine and lavender essential oils and it smells very very very good.

483103907_602f278118_m.jpg

It's been a very long time since my last hello.

HI!

sweeeeeet!!! I am going through soaping withdrawal already!! I am thinking about just closing shop for the month of May until we get completely moved and set up. Keep the pics coming so I can drool over everyone else's stuff! :grin2:

Thanks guys. I adore the process actually. I made these two batches and then one that flopped. This is how we learn. I have greatly modified the flop and plan on doing it tomorrow. The first is "textured" with ground oatmeal because I want it to be a facial scrub of sorts and will be part of two coffee swaps I am hosting. :drool: The second one, the tomato juice batch is a delight to use. It is like silk. I told myself I would never make cream soap after my horrific flop in the beginning of last year. I got a wild hair a few weeks back and it happened to be to the week that I tried it last year. I think I am addicted. :yay:

Thanks to you both. I tossed my first batch too. THEN I waited over a year before I made a new batch. I tossed batch number 3 this time. It never came together. I fixed the recipe though and should be able to get it to my liking this time. :yay: