OT's Dragonfire and Gift of the Maji

Pam W

Just received these two scents today and really like the OOB. Going to try them in some butters & lotions bars tonite but wondering if anyone has used either scent in paraffin or soy candles and could give a review of how they performed.

TIA

Laura,

Thanks for the reply. I did pour a 70/30 container with the DragonFire and it smells really light but the description at OT site says the scent will bloom after a few days - so I'll be a good little Chandler and let it cure.

The scent in the butter was very light when I made it but this morning it has indeed bloomed and is really nice.

Thanks for the tip on wicking up.

Update: lit the DragonFire tonight and after burning less than 2 hrs, the scent has totally permiated my whole house. The hot throw is amazing. I can already tell that I'll have to wick up for a complete burn but for tonite, I'm just going to enjoy it.

The Gift of the Maji is ready test too. The cold throw is awsome.

Both scents are lovely in butters and M&P and very strong.

The paraffin pillars are with my tester. She didn't care for the Maji scent in the candle but loved it in the butter.

Container formula:

GL 70/30 soy/parra blend

FOs @ 6%

Cure time - 3 days

And yes, I've already order more of both scents - those little 4oz bottles don't go very far when you're lovin' it!!

heee, they were right about how DF blooms after it sits...i love burning my 2 wick 16 oz'er, even with struggling wicks( the one that made me realize i had to wick up) i can only burn it for so long cuz it's strong! but i so love that scent! glad you're lovin it too...how is the other one? i never got a sample...but i do have some others if you're curious about them. the burt's bee's baby buttermilk is lovely in cp, but i have yet to get it in wax.

heee, they were right about how DF blooms after it sits...i love burning my 2 wick 16 oz'er, even with struggling wicks( the one that made me realize i had to wick up) i can only burn it for so long cuz it's strong! but i so love that scent! glad you're lovin it too...how is the other one? i never got a sample...but i do have some others if you're curious about them. the burt's bee's baby buttermilk is lovely in cp, but i have yet to get it in wax.

That's exactly what I'm testing - 2 wick 16 oz'er!!!! I still have the Eco 1s in it and they seem to be doing ok for now. Last night they were weak but then kinda picked up.

With the Maji, I started with LX 18s which were too small and have now switched to a couple C70s cotton core)..haven't tried these in this jar yet. If these don't work, I'll try the Eco 1s which are cotton and paper core. The Maji isn't throwing as strong as DF but it still nice too. It's amazing what a great throw you can get with a dud wick when you've got a great FO?