take the damn fairies...would you?

lindsaycb

Okay, all week we had issues with bath bombs. Really really weird issues. Same recipe that I've used over a year now. But for some reason, they were drying out before I even got the batch to the table.

THEN, I'm on a soap roll...but NO. We're talking two or three batches with lye spots.

THen..again, my favorite dang soap in the world...had a haze on the top. Sure, I've had this before...but since I had some lye issues in other batches I give it a lick. Well...how the heck. Its a lye frosting on top. Is that possible?

OH MY...and of course now I have 10lbs of doublemint soap that tingles me tongue. PISS ME OFF

1. keep the fairy. grumpy says if you feed her chocolate she'll settle down.

2. rinse the lye frosting off your doublemint, or tell people that's the "refreshing" part

LOL!! I just had to clean up the desk from the spray of coffee. Yes, feed her chocolate! The more the better. Do the old one for you, two for me thing, it works wonders.

Sorry you're having a rough go of it today. If it makes you feel any better, it was raining here today, and I made a batch of bombs that I promptly put into the oven to dry.

An hour later I preheated the oven to 450 for dinner.

Bath bombs look like rough marshmallows when toasty.

I haven't been playing with making anything as I'm working on a different end of our business. Which didn't happen because my computer and graphic programs decided they hated me. Had to reinstall my graphic programs. Then I wound up having to reformat my computer. New clean computer and still having issues so I haven't gotten anything done. Programs still don't work.

Keep your fairy's I have enough problems. I received 2 lip balm kits but I can't even begin to see how I like them right now. :cry2:

The faieries have been haunting me a bit this week, too. Have they multiplied lately? I've been seeing lots of complaints about them. But I finally got around to making some soap (it's been AGES). Made four different types, only 1 turned out exactly as I pictured it. One turned out okay, just not quite what I envisioned. And then one, well, it's just weird. Even when DH saw it, he asked "what's up with this one?" He did think it was kind of cool, but I doubt I could ever recreate it. It looks like it's layered, except it wasn't. :undecided

Sounds like we need a Soap Faierie Convention, and stuff 'em all full of chocolate!

Lindsay, I'm going to start a home for orphaned fairies so you can be free of them. We'll let them stay with Care Bear.

In your dreams Sharon! I know where you live and I think I can fit the whole bunch in my Pathfinder. It'll be a long drive but it won't be any worse than traveling with 2 small children.

They've been blessedly absent (fairies, not kids - sigh) from this house for several weeks after a lengthy visit, and I'd like to keep it that way.

On the other hand, if you all get together and buy me that Tank I might be willing to keep them for the summer...

I think its spring...and the fairies must be in the height of mating season?

Market was a bomb with the rain & cold today. Not anyone really out. :undecided

so can one rebatch this crap? I've never really tried. But right now, it makes a great playdough soap. Do you think the kiddos would notice the zing?

I guess that's what's been going wrong at my house this weekend lmao. I never even thought about it being those DAMN fairies. I made Carrie's 7 oil soap I had fo(i think) seeping out every where so I poured it in a pot and cooked it. Poured it in my round mold and guess what "I FORGOT TO CUT A HOLE" in the other side so I could push the soap out.

Well the fairies sound like a good thing to blame it on anyway. :laugh2: