Am I the only one not impressed with....

chrisasst

Am I the only one not impressed with NG scents....I have: monkey farts, fresh green grass, cotton candy, cucumber melon, black cherry bomb.....hopefully when I mix them into candles they will be better......

the only one that smells reasonably close to what it should be IMO is the cucmber melon. With out looking at the lables that is the only one I could pick out...

I don't know maybe it is just me...(sorry done ranting now)

There are a couple I like, but overall, I think I can find better. I have a customer that uses them for soaps & wants me to make candles in the same fragrance. I have alot of NG's oils, & find the throw to be ok, not spectacular.

So it's not just you :D

PamR

Thank goodness I am feeling validated! I recieved my shipment today from NG and DB said one smelled like cleaner and another one smelled like carpet freshner. I ordered a lb of Monkey Farts per soooo many good reviews. Now smelling it oob I know it is probally not my type of fragrance but thought it would generate some buzz for my candles just because of the name. I posted a question more expensive = better. I dont like NG packaging, I think I am spoiled by CS glass bottles and Peaks are at least dark and I can see through them. I will hope I will be surprised when they get in wax. I can say I am way more excited by the JS 4 oz sampler, plus samples, none from NG.

Natalie

I've put many NG oils in wax (70/30 soy/para blend) and they have thrown great. Never judge em OOB! Right now I'm burning Hillbilly Homebrew and it's filling up the whole house. Black Cherry Bomb will also do the same. I haven't tried the others you have though.

Some I like, some I don't. I like the Cucumber Melon, because it smells more of Cucumber and it is not so sweet. Their Country Clothesline is a great thrower in soy, but almost too strong. The black cherry bomb is strong. Everyone who purchased this candle loves it.

I recently visited their store and the selection of scents there is amazing, but some are too weak. I like their customer service and shipping costs to me, however they are moving even closer to me now and so shipping will be $0. Yeah!! I love that!!

I think you just have to test in wax and see what you think. Like everyone always says, test in your stuff, not everything works for everyone.

Good Luck!

I have awesome luck with NG. Along with great FO's, they have great customer service.

really, I emailed them on thursday with no response and again on Friday with no response...

I guess I am just having back luck with them...

IMO it's the same for every supplier; some oils are going to be awesome while some are not so great. I'm sure it has some to do with the different manuafacturers, candle suppliers don't generally manufacturer their fragrances. NG is one of our favorite suppliers as far as price, speed, customer service, and packaging (I'm not a fan of glass bottles). Two of our best selling scents are NG oils.

really, I emailed them on thursday with no response and again on Friday with no response...

I guess I am just having back luck with them...[/quote

Then I would call them, I just got their newsletter and they seem to be very busy. I'm sure they aren't ignoring you on purpose.

Mindy :)

NG is a great supplier, good scents, great service and shipping prices are great. Just ordered 22 lbs of FO and shipping was $11.42. The scents I buy throw great and are the smell I'm looking for. As with all suppliers love some and hate some. NG is just one of many suppliers I buy from.

I agree, NG is one of my most reliable suppliers. I've ordered from them for several years and haven't had one problem with customer service. I find their prices to be quite reasonable and their ship times are terrific, not to mention they don't skin ya on shipping like other suppliers I won't mention. I like their flip-top lids on the FO bottles, it makes it considerably easier when measuring out my FO.

I esp like that I can see the status of my order, they usually have a 1-2 day turn around time. I use their oils in a soy/par blend and they throw quite well. True of their oils may not be dead-on dupes but some of truly terrific. Very true about never judging it OOB, I made that mistake when I first started out - my biggest mistake ever. :embarasse Good luck with your NG oils!

Most of my fragrance line is NG, with the exception of a few. I have never received anything less than stellar customer service from them. My orders are filled promptly and the girls are always very pleasant when I drop by to pickup orders or sniff some new fragrances. Sure, there are a few fragrances that I can't stand by them. (those are the ones I always seem to get on my hands somehow, too! LOL) But there are several and I mean sev-er-al that I LOVE! I've used quite a few of their fragrances in OK6228, Joywax and a 50/50 soy/paraffin blend with great success! The only scent from them that didn't throw worth a crap for me was the Granny's Pecan Pie. HTH you a little!

I recently ordered around 25 samples from NG, poured them in 415 soy, and gave them to testers. Every one had a good throw - better hot than cold for the most part. I had a party in a huge house Saturday and brought a vanilla silk container that i made. This room was so big, 20 foot cathedral ceilings, 3 couches, huge pool table.. anyway, That candle smelled up the whole room. I was surprised.