Q about the Tank...

CareBear

There is a soaper not far from me that has a cutter that looks like a tank. I don't wanna be pushy when I visit her shop so I haven't asked to look at it. At the top of a very high shelf it looks beautiful.

Hey Dragonflyer, if you see this, next time I'm there, can you show me your tank?...LOL

Paul is just getting things put back together after his move. He's actually just getting production underway if I understand correctly. I know he's been crazy busy but hopefully he'll stop by.

I'm curious about his cutter.

I would seem to me, that the hobby version would work just as well as the tank. The strings are the same on both versions and so is the method used to secure them. Like Carrie said though, it's one pretty piece of equipment for sure.

I've got the hobby version and use a 33% lye solution with most of my soaps, and it cuts just fine. I haven't broke a wire yet, knock on wood.

Save your money for new molds or FO. ;)

I would seem to me, that the hobby version would work just as well as the tank. The strings are the same on both versions and so is the method used to secure them. Like Carrie said though, it's one pretty piece of equipment for sure.

I've got the hobby version and use a 33% lye solution with most of my soaps, and it cuts just fine. I haven't broke a wire yet, knock on wood.

Save your money for new molds or FO. ;)

I agree with Grumpy. I bought my hobby cutter used (it's missing a string), I discount water and it works great. I absolutely LOVE it

save my money? ha! my tax refund is BURNING a hole in my pocket. But it seems my mom, as usual, is ahead of me and she has a Tank heading my way. She refuses to use my products (go figure) but she feeds my addiction anyway.

I'M GETTIN A TA-ANK! I'M GETTIN A TA-ANK! I'M GETTIN A TA-ANK! I'M GETTIN A TA-ANK!

now I have to find something else to spend that cash on LOL!