What is the most popular shape candle?

Hi All

Me again, Just thinking about what shape of moulds to buy. Could all the lovely people on the board possibly give me their thoughts on what they think the most popular shape of candle is. Trying to make up a mock order for

supplier but cant decide on shapes and sizes.

Thanks Mandy

Thanks guys:) I thought that the round candles were most popular. A variety of sizes, what do you think about the corrugated round moulds? I dont have one and have never seen a corrugated candle and just wondered if it was an easy candle to make and burn. Thanks again for your input........I would be lost just now with out you guys to talk to and ask questions. Your all stars :D everyone thanks

Mandy

Rounds here too, but I don't see why the corrugated would be hard to clean at all. It might take a little more time and it might not. I like the corrugated look, but I don't use it. Even then, if clean up were a pain, make the molds out of sturdy cardboard.

Why do the more interesting shaped candles not sell as well? I would go for those over round eveytime. I love square and octagonal and pyramid and sphere's ohh and heart :D

Anjie,x.

I think many customers see unique shapes as something they would never burn, "it's too pretty to burn". This makes it harder to justify the purchase for some.

Janette

I have one of those molds, and i never use it, cleaning it is a PITA.

Not to mention this is the ONLY mold I've ever had a pillar get utterly and completely stuck in. Had to break out the candle in chunks. :( (Talking corrugated here.)

I agree with 3" round. They may seem commonplace and boring, but really there are so many interesting things you can do to make them seem different. Use different heights. Different colors, different textures (rustic, smooth & shiny, mottled, feathered, pockmarked with mineral oil), layered, tilted layers, marbled, whipped, chunks, different scents, etc.

The odd shapes look cool, but are a pain in the butt to wick.