Please help with re-names...

erinmfritz

I would like to re-name the dupes I use just to be on the safe side but am creatively challenged in this department.

The ones I am currently using are:

Love Spell

Pink Sugar

Harvest Spice

Black Raspberry Vanilla

(I came up with "Black Raspberry Cream"???)

Cool Water

Moonlight Path (Moonlit Walk?)

Coconut Lime Verbana

Please give me some suggestions, I would like to keep a name that is similar so people recognize the scent if possible.

Thank you so much for your help on this, I know there are alot of creative minds here, I'm counting on that!

Erin

Pink sugar "sugar rush"

lovespell "love hangover" that might be cheesy old Diana Ross song

"moondance" for moonlit path

renaming IS hard I thought a little brainstorming might help you I have been trying a few myself.

HTH

Natalie

I don't know if I can just modify the names, but I did. Here they are:

ones I am currently using are:

Love Spell Luvspell

Pink Sugar Sparking Pink Sugar

Harvest Spice Harvest Time

Black Raspberry Vanilla Blackberry Vanilla

(I came up with "Black Raspberry Cream"???)

Cool Water Cooling Waters

Moonlight Path (Moonlit Walk?) Moonlit Path

Coconut Lime Verbana Tropical Coconut Lime

Love Spell - Passion's Spell

Pink Sugar - Blushing Sugar Candy

Harvest Spice - Autumn Spices or October Fields

Black Raspberry Vanilla - Black Raspberry Cream is good or Black Raspberry Smoothie

Cool Water - Cool Mountain Stream

Moonlight Path - Moonlit Stroll

Coconut Lime Verbana - Lemon Lime Coconut (seeing as how "verbana" is a lemon scented herb...)

Good Luck!

Yes I hate to change scent names because of TM's but its for the best. Marketing of scent names is hard.

If you have customers that know and like those names, and the name is different, then you may not be able to convince them that name is the same as the original, I have that problem with some, people are strange. Some people just can't belive the scent is the same if it's not named or colored the same as the original. Then you have to explain, to each custome, that candle is just like "______TM".

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll think it over and see if I get more responses. Candleman, I don't have to worry about existing customers, I'm just starting out and want to start on the right foot. I almost considered not carrying those scents, but they are good ones, especially Pink Sugar. When you re-name something, can it sound like the original, maybe different spelling, or is that infringing on the copywrite????

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll think it over and see if I get more responses. Candleman, I don't have to worry about existing customers, I'm just starting out and want to start on the right foot. I almost considered not carrying those scents, but they are good ones, especially Pink Sugar. When you re-name something, can it sound like the original, maybe different spelling, or is that infringing on the copywrite????

If the company, that owns the TM, thinks it's to close they will go after those too.

Keep in mind what Candleman said is so true about people not believing it's the same thing ... then keep in mind that you may be changing names around till you get one that will stick. And if you TM these, I'll have words with you lol.

So on that note ...

Lovespell -- how about Spellcast

Pink Sugar -- Cotton Candy (it's too damn close not to call it)

Harvest Spice (who the hell TMd this?) -- Harvest Moon

BRV -- just add the cream or make it creme

Cool Water -- Gentle Splash, Running Brook, Crooked Creek yadda, yadda, yadda

Moonlight Path -- Illumination ... who are the God's of the moon? Just change it to one of their names ...

Coconut Lime Verbena -- Paradise Rush