looking for help with acne

casper

Hi everyone I am looking for help for my son he has typical teenage skin I do not make soap but have been reading about different soap and things for acne I am looking to buy some soap for him to try there are so many and I was wondering if anyone makes any sample sizes on there web site for a starting point to see if anything helps. TIA

Visit www.mullerslanefarm.com. Cindy makes a neem castille that is supposed to work wonders for acne prone skin. I hope to make one soon, but am a little swamped with other things so finding the time for a new recipe is hard right now. I do make a salt bar that people have said is effective for acne, but have only seen slight improvement with my own kids.

HTH,

Bethany

I have been doing OCM for almost two weeks and love it. I haven't had any huge eruptions or anything like I have heard has happened to others. I would still be afraid to try it on my teen - their little egos are pretty easily crushed at that age and looking nice is important. I would be afraid they would have the "purging" of gunk for a few weeks and they wouldn't enjoy that at all (didn't happen to me, but who knows?)- plus since my oldest teen is boy - I just don't think he would dig the time it takes to do it.

my two cents,

Bethany

I use a variation of the OCM... it's not as time consuming as the other method, and I like it :) no breakouts, just smooth, glowing skin.

My cleansing oil recipe:

macadamia nut oil, grapeseed oil, rice bran oil.

Yeah. I don't use castor. It's not easy to obtain here, and my skin hasn't been complaining, actually. I use roughly 60-70% mac oil, 20-30% grapeseed and 10-20% rbo.

I slather some on my face and keep rubbing all over for a couple of minutes until it's about half as oily as it was before.

After that, I just splash my face repeatedly with (pretty) warm water and wash the excess oils off, rubbing as I go. I feel the heat helps the oils to penetrate much like the steaming would :) If I'm showering I just hop in and do the same.

After I'm done, I rub my damp skin gently with my towel to dislodge dead skin cells, and rub some mac oil in. No tight feeling after cleansing, and my skin tone's evened out tons. The mac oil penetrates so quickly and leaves a matte, dewy finish too that I absolutely love! My relatively inexpensive alternative to jojoba :D

It's good for me (and probably teens), since I get rather impatient when I sit around waiting for the steam to work :P

I've tried a lot of things - salicylic acid (worked, but so oily after! And if you get that stuff in your mouth, ugh!), isotretonoin (dried my skin out so badly, lips were cracking), acne washes (dried my skin out too). I think now that I'm not drying my skin out more, it's doing a LOT better :D

I know this isn't home made, but we just went thru a similar situation at our home & we tried that Proactiv that is advertised on tv & by golly: it works! The first few days it took a while, dealt with redness & sensitivity, but by the end of the very first week: a new face!

I do it similar to you too, but I just think the kids wants to hop in the shower, clean up and get out. I still might have him do it anyway.

Bethany

I use a variation of the OCM... it's not as time consuming as the other method, and I like it :) no breakouts, just smooth, glowing skin.

My cleansing oil recipe:

macadamia nut oil, grapeseed oil, rice bran oil.

Yeah. I don't use castor. It's not easy to obtain here, and my skin hasn't been complaining, actually. I use roughly 60-70% mac oil, 20-30% grapeseed and 10-20% rbo.

I slather some on my face and keep rubbing all over for a couple of minutes until it's about half as oily as it was before.

After that, I just splash my face repeatedly with (pretty) warm water and wash the excess oils off, rubbing as I go. I feel the heat helps the oils to penetrate much like the steaming would :) If I'm showering I just hop in and do the same.

After I'm done, I rub my damp skin gently with my towel to dislodge dead skin cells, and rub some mac oil in. No tight feeling after cleansing, and my skin tone's evened out tons. The mac oil penetrates so quickly and leaves a matte, dewy finish too that I absolutely love! My relatively inexpensive alternative to jojoba :D

It's good for me (and probably teens), since I get rather impatient when I sit around waiting for the steam to work :P

I've tried a lot of things - salicylic acid (worked, but so oily after! And if you get that stuff in your mouth, ugh!), isotretonoin (dried my skin out so badly, lips were cracking), acne washes (dried my skin out too). I think now that I'm not drying my skin out more, it's doing a LOT better :D

Thanks for all the replys we have tried the Proativ it work for a while and then nothing..... I was just hoping to find a soap that we could try and see what happens the less steps he need to do the better....

Email me your address and I'll send you a bar of our honey soap. (for free) We sell a ton of it to teenagers and they all swear by it. Just a good lather and rinse in the shower is all it takes. Works quickly and is simple for them to use... very appealing to guys. I use it too, however I do use a moisturizer after I get out of the shower...

We have many people that use our soap that used to use Proactiv and other high dollar facial cleaners... and now use our honey soap and they love it. Sometimes simple is better.... and hey you got nothing to lose :) Let me know if you are interested.

HTH,

Chele