Help please.

happygirl

Is there a way to make CP soap a light color when using a FO that is known to discolor to light tan. Let's say i want a nice pastel pink but the FO i have will turn the soap a pale tan. Should i add TD and then add my colorant as if i were soaping a white soap (red colorant + white = pink) or i should try and adjust my colorant taking in consideration that my base is light tan (what color + tan = pink???) If someone knows could you please guide me :D I'm so confused. Thank you

I have used Titanium Dioxide in my lye/water mixture to get my soap really white, then I swirled in a green foam Ultramarine which made it a light green and the fragrance oil didn't discolor for me. I had a nice white soap with light green swirls. I have also swirled in a red with a white soap but my red didn't turn pink, but then again I used a lot of herb coloring for a dark red, and it stayed pretty dark. I would think if you colored your white soap with a pink colorant it would still be pink but maybe lighter?