Melt Pool On Heart Pillar?

What kind of melt pool am I looking for on a big chunky heart pillar?? The dimensions are 4.5 inches wide across the widest part, and just over 3.5 inches between the 2 points. I used a cotton core wick (3X22C). The trouble is, if this melt pool isn't right then I don't know what I can do about moving the wick and the mould already has the wick hole in it - if you know what i mean :undecided I have taken some pics and will post up as soon as I can.

Anjie,x.

Hi Anjie,

I'm not too sure about the wick but I have got a large 3 wick heart mold. You will get a bit of waste on this shape of candle because (and this is from experience) of the shape of it. At the top (where it looks like a bum is the only way I can describe it) the join in the bum melts faster and you run the risk of the wax pouring over the side (again this is from experience, I heard a sound like running water and twigged it was the wax gushing out).

Not much help I know - burn and see what happens (that's what I do, if you get a gusher go down a size and see if that works).

All the best.

Lisa

Anjie, I think that is burning very well. The next couple of burns will tell if it will break through the back wall. This is pretty much how my hearts burn, although I have only made unscented ones, so will have to start testing again once I start scenting them!

DSC00523.jpg

That wick looks off center. I don't know if it's the wick hole, that's off center, or if the wick is burning off center.

That wick may work if it stayed centered. The two sides look thick enough for that wick. Like I said, wick needs to burn more toward the sides and point.

I have that mold...I pour it all of the time for myself...mine might be a tad bigger not sure...I single wick mine with a fat pourette cotton wick..when I burn it the first time I just do a marathon burn. My pool is pretty wide by the time I'm done burning...only problem I have is subsequent burns...unless I burn a long time each time my melt pool starts looking like a staircase from the top of the stairs..it gets narrower and narrower...I have triple wicked these with zinc cored wicks and keep the wicks fairly close...Instead of a "bum" I call it "cleavage" lol..the heart looks like boobs to me. If I space the wicks just along the inside of the cleavage I get a fuller burn. this probably makes no sense to anyone else but myself...lol

I have that mold...I pour it all of the time for myself...mine might be a tad bigger not sure...I single wick mine with a fat pourette cotton wick..when I burn it the first time I just do a marathon burn. My pool is pretty wide by the time I'm done burning...only problem I have is subsequent burns...unless I burn a long time each time my melt pool starts looking like a staircase from the top of the stairs..it gets narrower and narrower...I have triple wicked these with zinc cored wicks and keep the wicks fairly close...Instead of a "bum" I call it "cleavage" lol..the heart looks like boobs to me. If I space the wicks just along the inside of the cleavage I get a fuller burn. this probably makes no sense to anyone else but myself...lol

Pics?? :D