I'm thinking about giving it up

Enchanted

Yay! That's progress already, it's good to talk! I can feel you're motivation has lifted and relief is on the way. You'll be fit to attack your worries with renewed vigour after a relaxing weekend with the family.

Onwards and upwards! :grin2:

Sometimes you have to have a melt-down in order to see clearly.

I saw my sister go through this repeatedly during the first several years of opening her bakery (this is her 10th year in biz) The last major melt was 3 years ago...and it was a mother! She shut down, packed up my neice up & shipped her to me...and literally dropped out of sight for over a month! But when she came back, she had a new game plan. My sister has been kicking ass & taking names the last 3 years under the new plan & I'm proud to say, she grossed almost 2 mil in 2006!:yay: Long story short, she had to fall apart in order to get some clarity!

Now, go back to being "Enchanted" with doing what you obviously love!

Sharon

I hope that you will find a "balance" between your business( sounds like it is doing great:cheesy2: ) and your family life. I know it is not easy, but once you make that decision, all is well. I too found myself in a similar situation and decided to sit back, take time and rest and think, at the end of that, I found that I didn't want a full time business, since I also have a full time job. My candles were selling very well, I poured candles from the time I came in from work (3:30pm) untill. I was tired, overworked, got to the point I didn't enjoy my candlemaking anymore, when that happened, I knew I had to make an adjustment. Now, I still make candles, they are displayed in ONE local business, I no longer take special orders or drive around to various places to sell them. I make just enough to pay for supplies and my dogfood:cheesy2:

Hope all goes well for you

I just wanted to post an update for you all. The weekend started out well we didn't pour any candles Friday or Saturday, the stress level was down, I did a little cleaning at home and took ds to the park for a couple hours. On Sunday I decided dh and I would go clean up the shop (it was a wreck) I thought it might help us feel better this week working in a clean and organized shop. Late last night I started feeling a little sick, I was a bit nausous and noticed an itchy rash appearing on my knee. I didn't think too much of it I just thought I got into something while we were cleaning. I went and took a shower and went on to bed. At around four am I woke up with shortness of breathe and itching all over. It appeared I was having a very severe allergic reaction. I woke up my dh screaming in panic to get me to the hospital. I must of been going in and out because I only remember getting in the car nothing after that until I woke up in the ER. Having had an allergy test done before I'm only allergic to certain medications so the doctor seems to think it was stress induced and not something I got into like I thought. They ordered lots of tests this week to see if they can't find any further reasoning for the attack. I wasn't able to work today because I didn't get home until after 3, I still have alot of pain mainly in my feet from the swelling.

I've decided I'm going to have to scale back some whether I want to or not, it's not worth it to put my health at risk. I'm 27 years old, god willing I have many years left to build our business. I've decided I'm not going to continue to beat the pavement and stop doing wholesale and fundraisers for the time being. This is something I can always pick back up later on if I feel like we can handle it. Thanks again for taking the time to share your advice and stories with me, it hasn't gone unappreciated.

WOAH! It's time to give in and just hire someone to do packaging and labeling. Set up area not near where they can read where supplies are from. 27 and having to be rushed to the ER is not good.