Rose clay cream soap

beloved

Man, This was my first attempt but it was as hard as a rock for 3 days. They tell ya to let it losen up. Not my stuff. It took 17 oz of aloe vera to get it like whipped cream. I scented withToberose. hope ya all like it. This is good for shaving or face cream soap.

Mamascreamsoap.jpg

That does look so nice and creamy, sorry it was such a PITA for ya. You used aloe vera gel or juice to soften it up?

Very nice.

:thumbsup:

I used the juice and it took 17 oz. I didn't think i would get it stired in. I took the mixer to it and whip the sn-t ou of it. They say not to do that becaue it put to much air in the soap and it will fall, but mine is fine.

Thanks every one means alot. I have not done much but this is fun. I let this set for about 3days to see if it would soften up but noooooo. anyhoo on the soapcream forum they believe it was my steric.

Thanks for looking. :D

Looks WONDERFUL and so creamy!!!!

WOW that was alot of a.juice that you had to add!!

That is why Bekka thought it was my stearic. I went by her recipe and the only thing any one could come up with is that. Others had the same problem. so i am going to add more water up front next time. Hope it will behave better. Thanks for looking. Thanks for all the kind commets.

JO

Man, This was my first attempt but it was as hard as a rock for 3 days. They tell ya to let it losen up. Not my stuff. It took 17 oz of aloe vera to get it like whipped cream. I scented withToberose. hope ya all like it. This is good for shaving or face cream soap.

Mamascreamsoap.jpg

looks fabulous!! i'm *JUST* getting my first batch loosened up too...took me 14-15oz of water and aloe juice to get mine whip-able too....but, i think we are on our way...can't wait to get it finished. i want to package mine in malibus for a shower cream.

I'm holding out!! Mine's on day 4. I think I cooked alot of my liquid out trying to get to neutral. I'm hoping the humidity here will soften it up :cool2:.

I'm still not sure if the SA had anything to do w/ it so I'm holding out till I get differ SA to make another batch.

Its sooooo hard waiting :waiting:

OK I may beat you w/ the # of ozs I'm going to have to add :undecided. I'm at 15oz of d.water- I need to let my mixer cool down- LOL before continuing. As I was sitting there mixing it came to me that clay absorbs a lot of water. Could this be part of the problem??

Not sure? I love the stuff. I gave some to my Pastor {who is a woman] She Told the whole church if they wanted some nice face soap they should get together with me. WOW I was so suprized. I gave it to her for Her b-day. But man I know that it should not be so hard. I wonder with all the aloe vera i put in it if it lowered the ph big time??????? I would like to have a metter but this is suppose to be a hobbie for me not a job. I just can't seem to justify it. good luck to you and please post your would love to see it.

JO