First paraffin rustic

Hi. Actually first pariffin candles. Was ready to give up last night, but now I'm encouraged to try again. Got to much FO in them, tried to adjust with more wax...well, the saga has already been told but that's why there are two. Didn't get the frost lines so much, but not shiny and sort of rustic looking. Are the holes usual or was the wax just to cold or? Thanks for looking and any suggestions will be gladly received. Hope I did the pic right. Beth

[ATTACH]11238[/ATTACH]

post-365-13945842498_thumb.jpg

Rustics take some practice, but once you get them down, they are really great to make. I think the holes on the side are from pouring too cool. When you pour into the mould some bubbles form there and unless you tap the mould or use your heat gun briefly around the outside of the mould they create these holes on the cande. I can tell you it takes a lot of trial and error, but keep practicing and you should see some good results soon.

Me again. Wanted to just add that rustics don´t have to be of one particular look, what Top said is very true, those do have an antique look and I would have been happy if mine had turned out like that in the beginning. I didn´t even mention in my previous post what a great colour they are, so well done and keep on posting those pics so we can see how you are getting on.:smiley2: