21 oz tureen wicking...

Mine are called 20 oz tureens. I double wick with two Z51 or Performas. I use a 223/soy blend. When they get 1/2 down, they burn really hot. I can't imagine using a Z60. Continue burning & see if it gets too hot. They can be very deceiving. I will NOT triple wick a container. Tyler makes these & you could have a "weiner roast" over their triple wicking. Carole

I agree on the point about Tyler, but, that's more a result of using three wicks that are FAR too big. I think if they wicked down (several sizes), they would be FAR better served. However, it's hard to argue with success, as they are one of the fastest growing young candle companies in the country, and, their candles throw extremely well without too much soot (not sure how they don't put out more soot considering how over-wicked they are).

Well I haven't burned 1/2 way down, but seems to hang up around the neck after a good 3 hours. I did whip up the wax on top so it was full to the top of the jar. I'll keep burning. The throw is nice. Using Daystars Cake Batter.

Thanks for the replies. Julie

I stopped the large zinc wicks, still had hang up after relighting and going 1/2 way down. Pull them out and put in 2 LX 20's. Perfect burn, no hang up, great throw, very happy. Not sure why the zinc's didn't work, suppose to burn a larger area than the LX 20's.:undecided

Anyway, wanted to update in case someone else has wicking issues with the fatty jar. Thanks for the replies. Julie;)