Need information on purchasing my own website....

karen lynn

Well, the first thing you need to decide is are you going to want to create it yourself or have someone do it for you?

You will need to choose you dot com , you will need a place to host it so you may want to check around for a hosting company. Do a search for hosting companies on this site. You will get a lot of information about some of them. I asked about a month ago about website hosting company recommendations because I was thinking of switching. I got a lot of information about other companies by reading the post that people posted about their hosting companies.

Also do a search for prim graphics on the web you will find lots of companies. Hope this helps.

To get my domain name secured and just lightly off the ground for the time being, I purchased mine from Google and use Google Apps.

The registration was cheap and I have gmail integrated into it. I immediately was able to get an email address set up & and designed a simple "Website coming soon" page with some sample picts of what was to come.

Google Apps has two sorts of accounts - free & premier. I'm using the free one now which is all I need until I can really get into the design and implementation.

I *love* it.

http://www.google.com/a/

go to wahms, it is 7 a month and they have real time shipping, they will register your domain if you want them to go I go to godady.com

I second this. I already had my domain name and chose WAHM for my hosting. It has several levels of setting up your estore, from not needing to know anything about html to doing all the html yourself.

My vote is for Handcraft Market. Sharon is the owner (Prairie Annie) and on the CT forums. She's been helping me rebuild both my websites.

www.blsoaps.com just went live last night. There are still some tweaks to do, and some products that need new pictures take before they're added, but it's in pretty good shape.

I've been a pretty demanding customer and Sharon has been wonderful through the whole thing. She has a very strong talent for visualizing what you're looking for and making it come alive. Our Soapers Workshop site should be going live with it's new look and shopping cart either end of this week, or early next week.

I would recommend anyone looking into a website to talk to Sharon and Frank. They've gone above and beyond for me and everything I've needed for our websites!