More Rustics

kalamazoo

I think I am on a roll here! The first set are Cucumber Melon from AH and the next lot are scented Apple Blossom from Peak´s. I wanted to get subtle colours for the Apple Blossom and the pink layer is a little bit darker in real life and they have a bit more frosting on them than you can see in the pics. I love making these, even though they are time consuming, you just do not know what they will look like until you pull them out of the mould, which is half the fun of making these rustics.:smiley2: The fluted cucumer melon pillar looks very crooked, but I think my photography skills need more practice. Thanks for looking.

post-3166-139458424637_thumb.jpg

post-3166-13945842464_thumb.jpg

post-3166-13945842497_thumb.jpg

post-3166-139458424976_thumb.jpg

Those look fantastic! I don't know which is my favourite, I couldn;t choose, they are both fab. Althought my eyes keep being drawn to the white and green ones. How many colours did you use on those, was it just white and green and the inbetween shade was where they merged?? I really love those! I want them give them to me NOW :D

Love the odd shaped mould too, where did you get that if you don't mind me asking :grin2:

Anjie,x.

Those look fantastic! I don't know which is my favourite, I couldn;t choose, they are both fab. Althought my eyes keep being drawn to the white and green ones. How many colours did you use on those, was it just white and green and the inbetween shade was where they merged?? I really love those! I want them give them to me NOW :D

Love the odd shaped mould too, where did you get that if you don't mind me asking :grin2:

Anjie,x.

Thanks Anjie, this is a 6.5" triangle oblique mould and I got it from C&S. I used three colours for the Apple Blossom candles - White, green and 2 small layers of light pink (could have been a bit darker), but pink is such a hard colour to get right because I use liquid colour. Looks like there is no colour whatsoever so you add more and more and then when it cools, wham you have a seriously strong BRIGHT pink, so I was just doing a swirl with a toothpick and getting very bored waitng for the sample to cool, but next time it may be a bit darker.:smiley2:

Looking good!

How does that oblique burn? I love the shape!

Thanks Trish. I am very pleased with how they burn. As the top of the candle is quite tapered the wick does need to be trimmed quite regularly, then the corners fold in a bit and it seems to self consume. I have had no blow outs, but more testing of the heavier fragrances need to be done.