Wicking with KY Perfect Blend

I posted this in the General Discussion and haven't gotten any responses, so I thought I would try here...

For those of you who have used KY Perfect Blend wax, which wicks do you prefer?

I have a sample pack of wicks that include HTP, CD, and Zinc. So far, I've only tried the HTP's, but seem to have to wick up way higher than the recommendation. I currently use 8oz jelly jars and 2.5" round containers.

Which of the three are better for this wax, or is there another type that I should be looking into? I've seen alot of people recommend certain wicks for soy wax, but since this one is a parasoy type wax...???

Thank you for your help!

If you have CD 12's, I would try them in the Jelly Jars. Everyone's results are different but that is what worked with me when I tested a slab of this wax. The perfect blend does have a little paraffin in it but they won't release the info regarding how much. They only say the perfect blend has the least amount of paraffin of their blends.

I did try the HTP 104 or 105 (can't remember and would have to go back through my notes) but just felt the CD 12 worked better for me.

Hope this at least helps a little as far as a starting point!

My preference is cotton wicks. I have used them in staight PB and also for quite a while I was adding 30% parasoy to this wax and did not get any soot.

I've only poured one flowerpot votive with the new PB and used a 44C wick. Wisteria Blossom from FOH and the throw is amazing and the candle is burning perfect. :cool2:

Maggie

• 7 months later...
If you have CD 12's, I would try them in the Jelly Jars. Everyone's results are different but that is what worked with me when I tested a slab of this wax. The perfect blend does have a little paraffin in it but they won't release the info regarding how much. They only say the perfect blend has the least amount of paraffin of their blends.

I did try the HTP 104 or 105 (can't remember and would have to go back through my notes) but just felt the CD 12 worked better for me.

Hope this at least helps a little as far as a starting point!

Yipes! I just found this thread doing a search. I have used PB for 2 yrs and a CD 12 is WAY too big. Even a CD 10 for harder to burn fo's like Spiced Cranberry/Cinnamons is too big also. I'm switching over to all soy anyway, as this wax frosts alot and the throw isn't so great. :angry2: