M&P soap with water soluble insert

MarsBars

Yippy! I finally did it! (excuse my exuberance, I'm a newbie when it comes to soap). I've been trying to make soap for my father's class reunion with some water soluble paper. I've failed miserably with the inkjet until I tried with a laser printer! I let these guys sit for a day in the molds and they haven't smudged/blurred one bit!

Happy dance!!!!:D

post-3164-139458424613_thumb.jpg

Good job girl, let us know how the colored graphics hold up.

I may have to wait until I get a laser printer before using my paper again-just don't wanna waste it or the soap if it's just going to bleed and fade out.

Those look really nice, how are you going to package them? I'm sure all the alumni will love them.

:thumbsup:

They turned out GREAT!! and you got a new laser printer outta of the deal -LOL. I'd luv to see a pic of it close up once you get it out of the mold. Careful about putting it in the freezer as it will cloud of the clear M&P. I've had good luck w/ them not getting cloudy at the top by wrapping them immediately (once set up) w/ sarah wrap. then bagging in a polypro bag. FL humidity and M&P don't mix well for me :undecided.

For those that do not have a laser printer Espon makes a water resistant inkjet priter that I use (Espon STylus C88+). I use it on all my B'nB product labels with no smearing in the shower or w/ the water sol. paper - its about $90 at Office Depot.

I'm really starting to enjoy making these personalized soaps. I'm throwing my friend a baby shower tomorrow and here are some pictures of the soaps I did for the shower. I did this with a light pink base, the little color graphic of the baby girl didn't "pop" out as much as I thought it would, maybe it should have darker. Oh well next time!

This is day three (3) with no smudging/blurring with the ink. This is so much fun! I scented 1/2 the soaps in Oatmeal, Milk & Honey and the other in Got Milk? from DS.

post-3164-139458425059_thumb.jpg

post-3164-139458425063_thumb.jpg

Those are too CUTE!! :)

I'm soooooo jealous if I left mine out, heck if I put them in cello bags they fog over at the top (not where the graphic is, but at the top of the clear M&P- from the humidity). I have recently (knock on wood) had good luck wrapping them immediately after they set up w/ saran wrap and no fogginess occurs.