Carrier oils

mizbizzyb

I have read thru some of the posts and cannot find an answer to my question...

If there is a thread with an answer - please feel free to post it.

Question.

Is there a difference in the carrier oils the suppliers carry? For instance jojoba oils can range from $7 a lb up to $18? Aren't they supposed to be the same or am I missing something. I have been trying to figure it out for a couple of days - but no luck so that is why I am asking the experts

TIA

There will be people who have good quality stuff, and there will always be people who sell garbage. If you go to a grocery store, you will find different brands of the same thing: there will always be the good, the bad and the ugly.

Price is not necessarily a gauge of quality. Some suppliers simply buy in huge quantities and are able to pass on the savings to you. I do not usually shop by price alone: I have a few suppliers that I like, and will usually purchase from them, knowing that I will usually get a quality product. If you find the same thing from suppliers who have good reps, but at hugely varying prices, then it might make sense to go with the cheaper one.

Also, when looking at prices, also keep in mind the shipping. Sometimes placing a huge order from one company will be much more cost effective than placing several smaller orders from different companies who have better prices. You can easily pay as much or more shipping than your product is worth if you only place a small order. Also try to order from people reasonably close to you if at all possible.

Are you coming over to the dark side-----I uh mean the B&B side Bizzy?? ;)

:whoohoo:

I agree, it's hard to tell if they've just got inflated prices, or if the cheaper ones are just junk.

I think your best bet would be to ask someone about a supplier that you're thinking about using, and they can give you a review.

Lots of us use MMS, OBN, and Columbus Foods, and I've never heard anything bad about them.

I got some great grape seed oil at TJMaxx of all places, and it's really nice, and NO SHIPPING! LOL But that was just a fluke, they don't always have it.

Just let us know what we can help you with. :)

I have done a lot of comparisons in pricing and quality. My favorite place for oils, butters, citric acid, etc. is Brambleberry. I have found that you get a better quality and better prices if you can go with a relatively big supplier. They purchase bulk so they get a better price and in turn, you get a better price.

HTH.

Jennifer