3 Glass Glo Palm Containers

jakalex

Here are three more containers I poured last night. I used the CSN 11 in these. The CSN 12 burned great but wanted to try a smaller wick to test.

Yellow~Candlescience~ Peach

Green~Texas Candle Supply~ Tomato Cucmber Garden

Purple~ Lavender Cucumber Sage~ My own blend

[attach]11220[/attach]

post-3991-139458424605_thumb.jpg

Those are beautiful Jakalex - you know, I'am beginning to think:wink2: that maybe the hex jars or some kinda jar not smooth or straight might make the prettier candles. What do others think?

You read my mind! I love the way these turned out!

Hi! They look great. What type of wax are you using and where can I get some?

It is Glass Glow Palm Container wax from Candlescience.

I did a peach pillar with that wax and got no HT, let us know if your peach throws. Beautiful...by the way!

Was the peach from Candlescience? It throws great in CB135 and will let you know how it throws in palm.

Thanks everyone!

I am amazed every time I see more pictures at how vibrant the colors are. I absolutely love the looks of this wax and ordered more myself this weekend to play with. It will be here tomorrow :yay:

I am going to experiment with other wick types as well to see if I can get it to burn more even without waiting for it to "catch up".

I have some jelly jars from walmart. I will see how that palm looks in something that isn't a smooth side.

I have several that I poured that I sat aside. I wanted to see what happens if they have some "cure time". The cold throw is absolutely amazing when I take the lid off.

Beautiful job AGAIN!!! :D

I am going to experiment with other wick types as well to see if I can get it to burn more even without waiting for it to "catch up".

Just be careful wicking up because I am wicking down on some of mine because of soot. If the wick is too large and burns to quickly you will definitely get soot! JMO

You read my mind! I love the way these turned out!

It is Glass Glow Palm Container wax from Candlescience.

Was the peach from Candlescience? It throws great in CB135 and will let you know how it throws in palm.

Thanks everyone!

My peach was also from CS

I agree with Jakalex about the wicking - I have wicked down on mine also. Right now I have a - well they call it a 16 oz keepsake jar but its actually about 14 oz cooling and a flower pot. I did try the 14 in it and the 9 in the flower pot. Made it in Black Orchid from Tony's in a purple - love that scent - and it's looking real pretty so far.

Well I used the CSN 14 in my 16 oz square mason jars but as its getting to the bottom of the candle, I have alot of wax left on the sides of the jar. There isn't a bigger pretabbed wick. This jar has a 3 1/2 inch diameter so I would think the 14 would have worked well. Is this just the nature of palm? It's not going to clean the jars?

I think I have read that RRD and LX will work well with palm wax and those are the wicks I want to try to see if I get better cleaning of the jars.

I think I have read that RRD and LX will work well with palm wax and those are the wicks I want to try to see if I get better cleaning of the jars.
I'm trying the LX wicks now and they seem to do about the same as the CSNs. The LX 30 seems to do pretty good in my apothecary jars but the flame is HUGE so I'm going to try double wicking over the weekend to see how they burn.

Hi everyone!

Well, I finally got my wax, and got it poured (good thing too, cause I think they are SOLD OUT!)

Anyway, I did not get the larger crystals showing through, more like a smaller, glitter-y crystal, pretty, but not what I've seen here! I used a lighter green for color as I did a honeydew melon. Not sure if that had anything to do w/ it...

I left CS an e-mail w/ my prcedure, I'll see if thay have any recommendations...

The thing that I am most curious about now, is the BURN w/ this wax... I poured a 3 1/8" jar, w/ the CSN 14 wick, and the hang up is HUGE! The HT is AWESOME, but I can't see having to wick up any on this jar, I had a BIG flame (too big, IMO) and it had to be trimmed repeatedly to calm it down... even with all that flame, like I said, I had a deep crust left to the one side at the top, and along 3/4 of the jar, too...

I did a 3+ hour burn the first time, then a POWER burn the next...I can't get past all that hang up and w/ such a BIG ole flame!

BTW: I also poured this w/ one of my CD 12's-no good, it tunneled, same diameter jar...same burn time...:undecided

????