CS Palm

I agree with grama. I've never been able to really smell any of the peach fo's I've tried so thought maybe they just didn't agree with soy. I poured a few different scents with the new CS palm that I knew were some of my weaker scents (peach being one of them), all of them threw better in the palm than in my soy but the peach was still very faint, a tad bit stronger but not much.

I did a creme brulee that threw....but that was the only one. I'm going to try 1 1/2 oz pp and stir it a little longer and see if that helps. Cause they are really pretty pillars. Are you all adding the fo at like 180-190? Or hotter, and pouring at 180, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Could be! TIA

I heated to 190, added fo, stirred good - not long though - and then poured. You might want to be careful adding more fo. Don't know but it might make for a bad burn - smoking - and the oil might leak out. 1 oz is working great for me though in all I have tried.

I haven't tried it with FO yet. Love the look though. Even unscented they are stunning.

Maybe this is why M-i-a-b-e-l-l-a used a soy/palm blend rather than pure palm?

Has anyone tried this...? can you mix palm with soy...? what would be the benefit...? Great something else to experiment with...lol :tongue2:

Has anyone tried this...? can you mix palm with soy...? what would be the benefit...? Great something else to experiment with...lol :tongue2:

I've done it. I settled on 7.5% soy, any more than that and you start losing the palm effects, in my opinion. The soy to me, helps soften the palm a bit, which is a very hard wax. One problem, though, is that I would find that soy leaked out a bit upon cooling. sometimes.... not all the time.

It's worth an experiment or two, I think.

Heres how my peach pillar burned...it 3x6 mold with a 14 wick. It was burning all day yesterday and burned only 1 1/4" down and left about almost 1/2" sides, no smoking at all. Even tho it left the sides you could see a nice glow as it was burning down. I would like it to burn more of the sides away, but it did look pretty. I only had the 6" wicks so what I did was cut off the tab and pulled it up thru the candle to get enough wick to light. Figuring the candle didn't have to burn all the way to the bottom anyway. And I sprayed the mold with a tiny bit of silicone spray and un-molded while it was warm, slid right out. I cann't get my pics to post again.....I'm hit & miss with that. Today I'm burning a smaller 3x3 scented with clean cotton. Anyone else have any results yet? Lets figure this out :D Dee

I poured my first palm containers today....in an 8ounce tumbler. My problem is that the top of the first one cooled with a huge bubble in it. I stuck a toothpick in it to get it out, but now the top looks funny. Are we able to touch the tops up with a heat gun like the other waxes? lololol

Should I be covering these as they cool? I know they are supposed to cool slowly...and believe me, I have the temperature in this room around 80 degree's, so I'm ROASTING!! :D

Can't wait to see how they burn, though, as the sides of the containers sure look nice!

Suzy

Yeah, you can use a heat gun on the tops of palm and it hardens back up with the same look. As a matter of fact, that's what I always did with the old palm. I would poke so many holes (to ward off craters) that it looked like a crazed woodpecker had been at it. I found it easier to just heat gun the tops and let the melted wax fill in the holes than it was to try and pour new wax in the holes.