Just Scent - Strawberry Super Strong

Jami

Strawberry is one of those FO's I just can't seem to get good throw from in my candles and I'm not sure why. I have tried oils from 3 different suppliers.

I was "browsing" Just scent and saw they have a strawberry super strong. Is it really super strong or is it the same strawberry they have with an inflated price tag?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

I had a sample of Just Scents strawberry jam but I never tested it because I found a really strong *Strawberry Jam* from BCN and the throw is awesome!Not sure if your looking for a straight strawberry oil but I would recommend BCN strawberry jam~it is awesome!IMO......

I have in my possession every strawberry known to mankind due to a recent round of testing. Hands down, Solas's Strawberry was the best/strongest throwing I found so far for my wax blend.

While I'm personally interested in the JS new strawberry, I don't think I can bring myself to test another one.

Ok I give up. I haven't ordered from them before and being the true FOHO I am. I am going to sit here and try to decide on what to get in my sample packs. I go through withdrawals if I don't get at least 2 shipments of FO's in a week. I ordered some from CS with my glass glow palm today so now I will place my 2nd order.

Decisions.....Decisions :undecided

For some reason, I personally did not like BCN's Strawberry Jam. I didn't think it was a true strawberry smell. It smelled fake. I'm also looking for a great strawberry/strawberries-n-cream scent. I'm burning JBN's Bird of Paradise and Strawberries-n-cream and not getting much of a throw after curing for about 4 weeks in C3. Now, I did get a good strawberries-n-cream from Greenleaf but I was looking at JS because they have this Super Strong Strawberry on sale along with Strawberry Pearl which I love!

I did order the 2 oz sample pack from JS. I included the strawberry jam and the strawberry super strong just to compare the two. This enquiring mind wanted to know lol. I also included the ultimate vanilla, dewdrop berry, flip flops and pink sugar in this sample pack. I didn't stop there. I ordered passionate purple, apple cinnamon, orange dreamsickle and mango berry. I am just wanted to try a few other scents for the summer.

I did try the millcreek strawberry jam and while it was good in my tarts after a week, it didn't throw at all in my glass glow palm. I even put it in my bathroom to see if it was just me and none of my family could smell it unless they were over top of it. I have no idea why I am having such a time with strawberry but I am going to try a soy/paraffin blend just for this scent if thats what it is going to take lol.

For some reason, I personally did not like BCN's Strawberry Jam. I didn't think it was a true strawberry smell. It smelled fake. I'm also looking for a great strawberry/strawberries-n-cream scent. I'm burning JBN's Bird of Paradise and Strawberries-n-cream and not getting much of a throw after curing for about 4 weeks in C3. Now, I did get a good strawberries-n-cream from Greenleaf but I was looking at JS because they have this Super Strong Strawberry on sale along with Strawberry Pearl which I love!

peaks strawberries n cream is very good but it really is more like the lifesaver candy than the fruit!

• 2 weeks later...

I attempted it but for some reason, my wick drowned out in this one. I have to melt it down and repour with a bigger wick. I will do that tomorrow. I think the strawberry super strong is more like a fresh strawberry scent whereas the strawberry jam is tart to me.

I will keep you posted once I change out the jars with the new wicks.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a sample of Just Scents strawberry jam but I never tested it because I found a really strong *Strawberry Jam* from BCN and the throw is awesome!Not sure if your looking for a straight strawberry oil but I would recommend BCN strawberry jam~it is awesome!IMO......

karen lynn, I want to say thank you for recommending BCN Strawberry Jam! I ordered from BCS, though it is a BCN "favorite." It smells so wonderful in my kitchen. And I have gotten such a wonderful throw! It is awesome!!:yay:

I have melted and repoured the strawberry super strong twice wicking up and they STILL drown out.

Someone else had a problem with drowning wicks with this fragrance.

I guess I will use it for tarts lol