where does everyone get thier websites from?

Carla257

I have been looking at alot of peoples websites and alot of them are beautiful. Who do you go through? is there a template that I can buy or something? I've seen a few sites with really nice websites to buy but then how do you edit them and put your pictures in and customize it for yourself. I already have a website but i need a really professional looking one. Can anyone please give me some websites to check out? Thanks!!

My shopping cart has set the tone of my site. I changed the colors and added pictures but it has the feel of many others. I like clean lines and easy navigation and wanted a cart that would calculate shipping. Check the links on the right side of the page for info on cart and host.

I agree with Sherl, our site started with the shopping cart, and we changed colors, images, etc...to make it our own look. We use zencart, and my hubby does alot of website design using zencart. There are free templates available that you can use, we just didnt want a basic zencart site. Best part about it is it is free, and there is a wonderful bb avail for support or questions.

I sent you a pm but if you are a do-it-yourself-er I would recommend cubecart. It is free and simple. Zen cart is what I also use but all of the options can be somewhat overwhelming, as they were to me, an experienced web developer. For some reason when it came to my own personal site I sense I am like most... more concerned about getting the product on the shelf than the nuts and bolts of the presentation...

Try cubecart and if you decide to upgrade to the bells n whistles of what zen cart has to offer you will at least have a rudimentary understanding of any cart foundation.

Be blessed!

Check out vodahost.com This is a free website builder and they have two options to go with. The only catch is you have to use their hosting services to activate your website. But you can download the software for free and play around with it to see if it's something you would be interested in.

I agree with the other posts......deciding on your shopping cart is first priority. I didn't do this when I built my website because I didnt know better and then when I got ready to add my shopping cart, found out I had to change a few things. Not a big deal but a little time consuming. If you want more info, just pm me and I will answer all your questions! Good luck.