go BROKE QUICK with CANDLES!

you mean you dont talk to yourself yet? :wink2:

I open bottles of Fo and think how can I make this better or what can i mix this with to make something most excellent? hehehehe

Actually, I believe I was talking to myself before the candles came along. :thumbsup:

If only this wax would talk back!!! :D

:shocked2:

I read all of this, and think I might be getting myself into trouble. Should I just walk away now before the addiction grabs me? Will I be able to just make candles I need and move on? Am I going to be selling retirement accounts just to buy wax? I'm scared now! lol

:eek:

I read all of this, and think I might be getting myself into trouble. Should I just walk away now before the addiction grabs me? Will I be able to just make candles I need and move on? Am I going to be selling retirement accounts just to buy wax? I'm scared now! lol

if you are just making them for your self...run....or if you making them to sell...make sure you sell then buy more. Of course if you are selling you will need your inventory up first, which will cost some...

Nah! just budget yourself and you'll be fine. I have to pass up a lot of really great classified ads and Co-Ops so I dont go overboard.

Yes you can go broke with candles. I have been making candles for 8 years and my first year was so deceiving because I made a huge profit at all my shows. Then after that I made good money but it wasn't the same and the past two years I made more money than I ever had. As for this year it has gotten off to a rough start. So I am going to have to go and hit the pavement to peddle my items.

if you are just making them for your self...run....or if you making them to sell...make sure you sell then buy more. Of course if you are selling you will need your inventory up first, which will cost some...

That would be me. My whole reason for doing the google search on candle making was so I can have fun making my own candles.

*laces up the running shoes*

Nah, all hobbies are expensive, right? And you just never know what hidden talents are waiting to be primed and wicked, right? Who knows, maybe I'll be the next Donita.

Or more likely, I'll probably spend thousands of dollars on a fun hobby, and have plenty of candles decorating my house.

And plenty of wax marred furniture, and dye stained clothes. :D

You know, most of anyway do this because we had kids and life , LOL..Its is stress reliever for me anyway. Moms need time out. If this saves us from going to the funny farm , so be it!!!. I'd much rather buy candles supplies than pay a therapist!! LOL.. LOL....

I spend at least £700 a month on materials

But I enjoy making them :D

£700 a month :shocked2: Blimey, that put's my spending into perspective - I'm only a lightweight compared to some. I'll be sure to tell DH that!