Suggestions? After you stop ROFL!!

Ok when I am wrong I admit it. I have been using rrd47 wicks with regular mouth and wide mouth masons, I can't get the stupid things to throw. Wonderful cold throw, nice melt pool, no fragrance. I have cured 2 weeks. I am frantic. I was having a way too good time pouring. Like the doofus I tend to be I put the wicks in with stickums. Now I have way too many candles that are of no use. No not just a few we are talking a bunch!! what The heck do I do NOW HELP!!!!:confused: If I remelt will it affect the FO's, I use C3 can I make tarts clams shells or something useful with this MESS.

P.S. I am ordering different wicks

Linda

OMGoodness!! Im so sorry this has happened to you!! I have done this before too,,Personally I remelted and poured into test jars. the scent seemed fine and they burned okay.....Im sure someone that can tell you more will chime in,,,Keep your head up my friend!!:wink2:

Like the doofus I tend to be I put the wicks in with stickums. Now I have way too many candles that are of no use.

P.S. I am ordering different wicks

Linda

Not a problem...just take a pair of pliers, get a good grip and pull those suckers out. Insert next test wick in the hole and hit the tops with heat gun..on to your next burn.

Now without the wick being attached, it will fall over when it gets close to the bottom but by that time you should be able to tell if that particular wick is a keeper or not.

OR, you can melt them all down, rewick the jars, repour and start over. You won't damage your FO if you don't heat them for too long.

:laugh2:

I did this same EXACT thing with my wide mouth jars that I had been using. I put wicks in, set them aside and they were ready as I went.

That was UNTIL I decided to test a different wax and it didn't dawn on me these wicks just might not work. I was using CD 16's. Well they didn't work :o

I really am surprised the 47's aren't working though. They work great with my 415. They don't put off as much of a flame as my CD's but they work great and I like them.

Take Pam's advice. I didn't know I could do this until they told me lol. Keep that one candle out to test your wicks before you figure out what to do with the rest.

You can put the rest in the oven on warm and it won't get too hot to burn off your FO but should melt them down within 30 minutes. The stickum will also come loose. If not, zap that bottom with a heat gun until it lets go of the bottom. The jars will clean up easy with paper towels. Make sure you use an oven mit when handling the jars the whole time. Don't ask me how I know that either :wink2:

Thanks, nice to know that I am not a total loss:D. Who said what does kill us makes us strong. Can I use this for wickless or should it be v1.

LInda

It'll work just fine for wickless. The V1 would pull away from the sides of a container, so you should use C3 for wickless anyway and V1 for tarts and votives.

And to repeat everyone else, they'll be fine after remelting in oven and pulling out the wick then repouring with a different wick.

I don't think anyone was ROLF...we've probably all been there with something! I also use C-3, have remelted with good results and also with bad results...mostly the color was the problem, some frosted badly after remelt. I've now gone to all natural (no color) and remelts work great.

I'd like to know how to wick after the candle starts to set up? You mentioned poking a wick hole...what do you use to poke the hole, wooden skewer? I'm thinking that might resolve my bubbles around the wick as my wickless candles come out nice and smooth on top.

The rrd47's seem to work good in the 8 oz jelly (after I calmed myself down and took some deeps breaths) I was testing in the kitchen where i pour and no wonder I couldn't smell them:shocked2: . Moved my testers to basement and bathroom big difference. Still not what I want in the 16 oz wide mouths. So my bigger wicks are coming and I melt and repoured to the 8 oz jellywith the rrd 47's. Thanks for all the encouragement and tips.

Linda

What I have started doing is using a wooden screwer and when wax is cooling I run that down beside the wick and poke holes about 4 between the wick and edge of jar. For me this helps but I still have to zap em with a heat gun, i am still learning

Linda

We also use the c-3. We haven't had any problems with the scent throw, only sink holes. We just do a second pour. We have found the premier 700 wicks to work well for us. We use a 745 in our 8 oz. jelly and a 767 in our 16 oz. mason. Some of our heavy scents we have to wick up. We got samples from wicknclips. Their price for 1000 of them is great, if you need that many.

I'm glad everyone was able to help you, but...

Somebody's gotta do it!

:laugh2:

BTW I've done that myself too. Pliers work well.

geek :wink2:

I have my own pair of needle nose pliers, tape measure, and bubble level and anyone caught using them is looking to lose a body part:shocked2: