comments please

jennifer

Okay my web site is essentially finished. All that I feel I have left to do is take pictures in a light box, size and add them. There are a few pics on the site right now but they will all be replaced with more professional looking pics once as I said I make a light box--just waiting for spring classes to end so that I'm not driving to classes or working constantly.

Please keep in mind the pictures thing and be constructively helpfull!

www.heavenlycreationsoklahoma.com

If the site is a disaster and I need to chuck it and start over please dont' be too scary when you say so *faint*

I think you've got a good basic start. Websites are hard to put together on your own and take lots of thought. My main suggestion (and I'm a graphic designer having worked on a ton of these things) is you need to get your product in there BIG. Just glancing at that page, it's hard to tell that you make and sell candles. People surf quickly, if your site doesn't reflect what they want...click...they're off to the next page.

Maybe a candle montage behind your Heavenly Creations title instead of the brushed aluminum and blue (that kind of looks like a tech industry.) You can also soften things up with a group candle photo in that main white window, perhaps with the type wrapping around it.

I'd make the row of links (Airfresheners etc) bold. They kind of get lost between the top row of links and you're description.

Put contact info on each page

Navigation seems good - simple and quick for the consumer.

Think that's all for now - congratulations on getting your site up and running!

THe site is easy to get around. I like your labels-they are easy to read and have all the info right in front of you, it will be more colorful once you get all the pictures added, but it looks good to me.

Thanks Jenn!

I think you've got a good basic start. Websites are hard to put together on your own and take lots of thought. My main suggestion (and I'm a graphic designer having worked on a ton of these things) is you need to get your product in there BIG. Just glancing at that page, it's hard to tell that you make and sell candles. People surf quickly, if your site doesn't reflect what they want...click...they're off to the next page.

Maybe a candle montage behind your Heavenly Creations title instead of the brushed aluminum and blue (that kind of looks like a tech industry.) You can also soften things up with a group candle photo in that main white window, perhaps with the type wrapping around it.

I'd make the row of links (Airfresheners etc) bold. They kind of get lost between the top row of links and you're description.

Put contact info on each page

Navigation seems good - simple and quick for the consumer.

Think that's all for now - congratulations on getting your site up and running!

Group pics sound like a great idea! Just a matter of that darn light box. :D I'll see if I can somehow make the product links more bold, just have to do a little messing around to see what I can up with. Thanks for your input Nancy!

I agree with Arkangel. At first glance, it's hard to tell what you are selling. Pictures will help a lot! One of the first things I noticed was an address for a small engine shop. I know it's there for contact information but my first thought was it was a site for small engine repair.

I agree with Arkangel. At first glance, it's hard to tell what you are selling. Pictures will help a lot! One of the first things I noticed was an address for a small engine shop. I know it's there for contact information but my first thought was it was a site for small engine repair.

Actually that address is not for contact info it's one of the locations we sell at, I guess I should make another page to put that on or adjust the craft show page to show this information. Thanks for your input!

For the middle jar, your label looks too big and it's peeling off. The text is too close to the top and bottom. For the tins, if you go with round text, it has to be perfect. Your arc looks wrong to me. A larger label might work better. You definitely need to work on your packaging, as it helps to sell the product. To my eye, yours does not look professional at this point.

I agree with Eugenia. The text in the circle labels is not positioned correctly. For those mason jars....ugh, such bad memories. lol. I could never get labels to stay on, so I ended up switching to a round label on the lid. The labels peeled off even more when the humidity got bad. I live in New Orleans, so maybe that's not a problem for you.

Overall all though, I think the site it easy to navigate. I think the pictures would be easier to make out if the background was white. Just some thoughts!

Maybe it's me.. but I got a bit lost in the navigation.. used to having them on the left side I guess. Your off to a good start and it takes a bit to get used to zen. As suggested, a banner that reflects what you are selling would be good. Scent descriptions will also be a nice addition. On my laptop the site streatches accross the entire screen.. need to see it on the desktop to see if you would need to scroll left to right to read your pages. Personally I find that a pain. Keep at it and good luck.

For the middle jar, your label looks too big and it's peeling off. The text is too close to the top and bottom. For the tins, if you go with round text, it has to be perfect. Your arc looks wrong to me. A larger label might work better. You definitely need to work on your packaging, as it helps to sell the product. To my eye, yours does not look professional at this point.

Do you have any suggestions on making the arc perfect? I am switching labels on the mason jars to a glossy label so size and such will be adjusted. The pic was just a quick one that i had available so I added as per a suggestion earlier.

I agree with Eugenia. The text in the circle labels is not positioned correctly. For those mason jars....ugh, such bad memories. lol. I could never get labels to stay on, so I ended up switching to a round label on the lid. The labels peeled off even more when the humidity got bad. I live in New Orleans, so maybe that's not a problem for you.

Overall all though, I think the site it easy to navigate. I think the pictures would be easier to make out if the background was white. Just some thoughts!

Since you have experience with round labels, what do you suggest for the centering? And as far as a white background, I just need time to build a light box, I'm a full time college student (one year to my BA) and I work 2 part time jobs along with this so as soon as school is out I'll get on top of that.

Maybe it's me.. but I got a bit lost in the navigation.. used to having them on the left side I guess. Your off to a good start and it takes a bit to get used to zen. As suggested, a banner that reflects what you are selling would be good. Scent descriptions will also be a nice addition. On my laptop the site streatches accross the entire screen.. need to see it on the desktop to see if you would need to scroll left to right to read your pages. Personally I find that a pain. Keep at it and good luck.

So you felt lost because the links weren't on the side, but at the top? Would making the links bolder have helped or did you feel that they just needed to be moved? And the screen should not need to be scrolled left to right because it is set on a 95% width no matter what the resolution is set at.

I was wondering if anyone had problems with pages loading slowly or was the speed alright? I know that my host does have some problems with zencart so I was curious how about others experience with my site in particular.

I was wondering if anyone had problems with pages loading slowly or was the speed alright? I know that my host does have some problems with zencart so I was curious how about others experience with my site in particular.

I'm on slow dial up and it loaded fine for me.

I would definitely perfect your labels before you 'open shop'. If you cannot do it you may want to hire a graphic designer to create your labels and have them printed. I know that is costs money but your initial image is very important.

You need to ask yourself why you are different from the thousands and thousands of websites out there and why someone is going to want to buy from you.

What makes you unique and different?

I would defiantly use a light box, esp. for your air fresheners.

I know how much work it is but you will get there.

Best of luck to you.

Jennifer