CP OMH trouble shooting

kidsngarden

I make an OMH using all frozen goats milk as the liquid, 1 TB PPO honey with the oils and some baby food oatmeal mixed at trace.

I have made this recipe 5 times in large batches with great success. I dissolve the lye in goat milk that was frozen into ice cubes. It is barely warm by the time I add it to the oils.

The last two times I have made this they have been a disaster! Oil seperates and leaks all over. VERY hot gel which I know is typical - I never even bother to cover the stuff for gel because it does just fine on it's own. What a mess.

What I'm think is this. I think the temp of the oils has to be RT to have it work right. That's the only thing I can think of that is different. Same ratios of everything that I have done in the past - just different heat on the oils. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Would like to know if I'm way off here before I go and make a mess again!:confused:

Thanks,

Bethany

I don't have an answer for you but could your scale be off? Does the separated oils zap ? It may be over heating. I soap it at rt and then put in the refrig or outside in the cooler weather. I have never had this happen so hopefully someone will come along and help you better.

I don't have an answer for you but could your scale be off? Does the separated oils zap ? It may be over heating. I soap it at rt and then put in the refrig or outside in the cooler weather. I have never had this happen so hopefully someone will come along and help you better.

My other soaps turn out just fine. It's just the OMH I am having issues with. No zap. I will do RT and the refridgerator and see what happens.

Anyone added Beeswax to OMH? I want a harder bar.

Bethany