My Glassglow Pics

Jami

After a major trial and error, I finally got the candles to come out right. The key was to heat the jars prior to pouring so they can cool off "naturally" lol I have never added pics so I hope I am doing this right. *edited, ok my pics were too big so I am putting the links. if anyone wants to offer how to put up the thumbnails and click on a bigger pic, I would appreciate it!

Mine aren't near as gorgeous as others I have seen but I am tickled to death with figuring it out. I see more palm wax in my future lol

http://jamiscrafts.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/blue-and-yellow-candles-1.jpg

http://jamiscrafts.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/pink-and-honeydew-1.jpg

:D Thanks everyone. I have been looking at them this morning in amazement just at how the feathering looks (yes I am simple lol).

I mostly used my color crystals from Make Scents. I did use golden honey liquid dye on the pineapple upside down cake. I used a toothpick, stuck it in the dye and just swirled it into the wax and stirred.

The ones that I made and didn't take pictures of are the ones I didn't warm the jars up first. I am testing a couple of those now. I used liquid dye on them and 3 drops of hunter green made it DARK so go easy on that liquid dye if you are used to soy wax lol.

I have spearmint burning and it is starting to fill up the room. The burn is kind of odd so far with the CSN wicks. It's burning similar to other pictures with a thin layer around the top that hasn't melted yet but it's only been burning an hour so we will see if it catches up. I do have another tester going in an 8 oz jelly jar with a CD 12 wick.

Thanks for looking!! :o

Jami,

Those are so cool. Also it sounds like you are getting a hot throw almost immediately. Is soy gonna take the back burner for awhile?

Natalie

I am going to do both Natalie. I love this palm so much I am going to keep playing with it but that stupid 444 soy is my challenge to conquer. I REFUSE to let a wax beat me and thats why I think I have tested so many different waxes. I want to feel like I have a true comparison and that I have the best possible candle match for "me". At this rate, its going to be a best possible match for me, right now :laugh2: How are you coming with that 444? Are you having success?

Sheesh, I am not a candle addict or anything :o

First 4 hour burn:

after-4-hour-burn.jpg

Second burn, 2 hours into the burn:

2nd-burn.jpg

The 2nd burn is starting to catch up but I still have wax hang up as you can see. The throw is MUCH stronger on the 2nd burn and this spearmint has filled up my 400 sq ft rec room with scent. It's almost too strong lol.

Burn looks great to me!

I am noticing it takes a few burns for it to catch up. The scent throw is awesome with this wax!

Thanks. I guess I am used to my soy burning the sides all the way down so wasn't sure if this is "normal" or what?

I had looked at this palm since CS put it on their site and early last week said heck with it, I am going to try it. Once I saw your pics I KNEW I would be hooked and I AM!!!! :D

Guess who is ordering more tomorrow :whistle:

Jami, they look beautiful!! Is that green test burn w/ a CSN or a CD? I asked CS if they could recommend a CD wick to use w/ this wax at all, and they said they couldn't as they don't have experience w/ those wicks.

I am wondering too if this is simply the "normal" burn, as I can see the "crystalizing" effect in the wax that is hanging up on the sides yet in your second pick...

I am hoping to get mine tomorrow, I also ordered a pack of the CSN 14's, to use w/ my wide mouth JJ's, although, I would reall like a more contemporary jar to pour this wax into...:D

Haven't tested an entirely new wax "beast" in quite awhile! I'm excited and ready to play! Hopefully I won't become too frustrated!:shocked2:

Thanks for sharing!:cool2:

Jami, they look beautiful!! Is that green test burn w/ a CSN or a CD?

Haven't tested an entirely new wax "beast" in quite awhile! I'm excited and ready to play! Hopefully I won't become too frustrated!:shocked2:

Thanks for sharing!:cool2:

Thanks Sharon :o

That test is with a CSN 14. I am ordering more wax and I am going back to either my CD wicks or my LX wicks. There isn't a bigger size CSN in the pretabbed wicking. I also poured some with CD wicks to compare the wicks I use for soy vs. palm. I was testing an 8 oz jelly that I normally use a CD 12 on for soy and its basically "tunneling" in the jar. I will see how it does tomorrow for another burn.

I did get frustrated on my first batch because all I got was a normal container candle without any feathering. I thought well chit, here I go again lol. For me, the big key was making sure those jars were warm enough. Now that I have the "pretty" and scent throw, I am going to test wicks to see what I am happy with. I just love the challenge of tackling new waxes lol

I can't wait to hear how yours turn out!!!