Anyone know where to find a glass star shaped candle container?

I got a whole bunch of them from the dollar tree awhile back but that sometimes can be a hit or miss thing but the other day I did see them in our local Kmart they were a 1.99 they are the Achor Hocking and hold about 13 oz of wax the same as what I got at the Dollar Tree

Sandy~WI

Thanks again all!

Curious, why do you think the star candles are a pain to wick? I'm new to candle making, this would be the first candles I made. Why are they tougher? I also buy wax from genwax (I currently make wax melters) is there a genwax wax/wick you'd recommend?

appreciate it!

Since I've never used them I can't say for sure, but odd shaped containers tend to give you more grief. I would guess these are difficult due to your wick needing to be able to give you a full melt to the end of each point of the star. Does anyone know the best starting point for wicking these? You're picking a tough 1st container to get started. Also, my Dollar Tree often carries containers from Anchor Hocking, Libbey & Indiana Glass -- nice when they have them.

Good luck -- Susan.

Thanks for explaining that Susan!

Huh, interesting, I guess because I'm not a big candle burner myself I never though about all the wax needing to melt. I assumed it would just melt in a circle down the center, leaving the star points full of wax. It would be better to all melt though.

So is that how it typically works? you start with one type of wick and work your way up until you find one that melts it all? Would that then change each time I used a different FO?

"So is that how it typically works? you start with one type of wick and work your way up until you find one that melts it all? Would that then change each time I used a different FO?"

Yes, You need to test with every FO you plan to use.

Each 1 can burn differently.

As far as wicks and burning.

Yes You need to try the wicks out and try to get a full melt pool.

This star will need more than 1 wick.

I can't really judge by picture alone. I have not gotten mine yet.

So I will be in the same boat you are.

Trying wick after wick. lol

Hopefully not tho.

They sure do look pretty.

I had no clue what my daughter was telling me about them, then I come on here and there is a post about them. Cool.

Good luck with them.

I can't wait to get my hands on mine now....

Heehee, I haven't officially decided to give into the crave to start making candles, but it sounds so fun!

What type of wax do you typically use Susan? I'm used to soy right now. Let's keep in touch as we experiment with these containers! I think I'll bring one into Genwax and ask them what they suggest too!

I started w/ soy about 6yrs ago. Other than 'tweaking' additives over the yrs, I've never had too much desire to use anything else. I think palm is simply beautiful & use beeswax in my soy, but have no interest in paraffin ... sorry to those who love it!! I didn't know of any message boards when I started out, so I learned a whole mess of lessons the hard way. I respect & appreciate so much of the advice I read here, but I'm still stubborn enough to step outside the box & try things that aren't suggested!! -LOL- This is an amazing addiction that brings SO much satisfaction. I've had 2 customers/friends that bought my candles for dying family members who said my candles were on the short list of things that brought them joy -- you can't buy that kind of satisfaction. I'm no where near a serious candlemaker in a business sense, but I love the it. I make money, but it is expensive to pursue. It sounds like you have the passion, so jump in & be part of the addiction.

Susan.