Starburst and Glass Glow Palm Wax

Here are 2 of the testers I poured last night with the new palm waxes from CS.

Everlasting pillar poured @ 208 into a warm mold, 1 drop of teal dye to 1 lb of starburst palm wax.

[ATTACH]11191[/ATTACH]

Glass Glow was poured @ 197 into a warm 16 oz apothecary jar, 4 drops of raspberry dye and scented with 1 oz pp of Fruit Slices. This one looks like it has a jump line but it was a single pour so I'm thinking that the top just cooled too quickly and didn't develop the same 'glow' effect as the rest of the candle.

[ATTACH]11192[/ATTACH]

I'm test burning the 16 oz container now and the throw is awesome!

post-6201-13945842454_thumb.jpg

post-6201-139458424542_thumb.jpg

Tell me - What is your picture taking secret, or either how you edit them. Beautiful pictures also.

I use a briefcase light box, a black to white graduated background and 2 EiKO Supreme Photoflood bulbs in those big metal reflectors (walmart for $10 each). Then I just resize them and add a vignette border in Paint Shop Pro.

Here's the same everlasting pillar with a waterslide decal applied.

[ATTACH]11197[/ATTACH]

And the results of the test burn on the 16 oz apothecary using a single CSN 14 after a 4 hour burn. What's got me baffled about the uneven burn is that the CSN wicks curl like the htp's and the curl was towards the side that didn't melt down, me breathing over the jar shifted the flame and makes it look like the wick was closer to the melted side but it's not. :undecided At any rate I'm going to try it with an LX wick tomorrow and if that doesn't work I guess I'll have to double wick this jar. :cry2:

[ATTACH]11196[/ATTACH]

post-6201-139458424555_thumb.jpg

post-6201-139458424557_thumb.jpg

I know a lot of people that us RRD's for palm wax, what if you tried them and LX? I am assuming you would have to double wick if it has a higher melting point than soy and paraffin and a harder wax. If I were you I would start high with this wax. With soy a CSN 14 would have melted the whole one side of that jar after four hours.

This one looks like it has a jump line but it was a single pour so I'm thinking that the top just cooled too quickly and didn't develop the same 'glow' effect as the rest of the candle.

Hi, this is not a jump line. It's the pattern of the wax. Look at my zig zag pillares. they are made with feathering wax and you can see somewher the pattern stops with what seems a line and then starts again. the wax does it for all the lenght of the candle. HTH

candlescience has a csn 16 now that wasn't on their websight earlier. I think it's only on the spool though. Might try that! Your candles sure are beautiful. any problems getting them to release from the mold? I can't get mine out to save my life!

flight...the pic u posted on how that candle is burning is exactly how mine started out. But they all caught up and burned evenly, good melt pool and melted the wax from the sides of the jar. But I didn't have a great HT. I used 1 oz FO to 1# wax. Gonna try 1 1/2 oz next. What did you use?

flight...the pic u posted on how that candle is burning is exactly how mine started out. But they all caught up and burned evenly, good melt pool and melted the wax from the sides of the jar. But I didn't have a great HT. I used 1 oz FO to 1# wax. Gonna try 1 1/2 oz next. What did you use?
I used 1 oz pp of Fruit Slices from JS and the throw is awesome.

I burned a 2nd time for 4 hours and the hang up never did melt so I'm going to test tomorrow with double wicks.