Soy at Candlescience?

I usually use EZSoy, but shipping is KILLING me! Plus, I'd like to get all of my suppliers down to just a few. I am going to try the new palm wax from them, but if I wanted to buy soy from them and I'm used to EZSoy, what would be my best bet? Thanks!

I've been ordering from CS for about a year now and love the customer service plus I order before 3 and have my order the next day.

I just poured some testers using the starburst and glass glow palm waxes and so far am loving the way they both look. I'll test burn my containers this evening.

The soy wax .... I've never used EZSoy but I order the Ecosoya CB Advanced from CS and love working with it. If you use straight glass for your containers the Advanced probably won't work for you because it shrinks quite a bit to pull away from the glass to eliminate the wet spots. I've also seen a lot of posts from people using the CB135 but I tried that and had issues with sink holes and wet spots so I went back to the Advanced.

That doesn't mean you have to use that much FO, just that the wax can hold that much FO.

I use GB415 and generally use 6-8% FO depending on the strength of the oil. For example, Stormwatch from MC I can get away with 6% because it's extremely strong, Pink Sugar from MC I use at 8% and could go as high as 10% on this one as it's a lighter scent.

HTH,

Karen

I really like CS, they were my first supplier and I have only tried a few. I use their ecosoya pure soy, and think they have great fragrances. Their website suggests cb135 and the advanced and C-3 for maximum scent throw, but in their wax descriptions it says the eco pure had excellent hot and cold throw. It is kind of contradictory. If gb 415 is actually Ez soy which I had no idea, that would work for you, also shipping is very fair. Especially after I think 200 pounds or close to that.

Also I think its cool that they will overnight a 16 oz of FO for only 6 dollars.

I would suggest Fig Forest, Med Fig, Cran Marm, Frank Mihr and even Lemon Chiffon. I loved it but not many others did.

Natalie

I love CandleScience's FO's and find that they have an awesome throw (hot and cold). I began purchasing from another supplier but since discovering CandleScience, I'd like to carry more of their FO's because they do seem to throw better for me and they don't have that 'musty' smell that some FO's have. I haven't tried all their FO's yet but so far, Cranberry Marmalade, Strudel & Spice, Violet Lime and Rain Water throw fantastic.

I use EZsoy from another supplier because that's where I originally began ordering and I have a lot yet to use BUT I wouldn't hesitate to purchase CandleScience's GB 415.

Good stuff!:yes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.aromafieldscandles.com

I got my GB 415 from CS. I ordered it on Monday and had it on Wednesday. Jason posted the specs for the GB waxes and FO load was 8 - 10%. Not sure where the info has come from that its 2 oz per pound or "double" but I have seen it mentioned a couple times today.

Anyway, I placed an order today from CS for some more glass glow palm to play with and I ordered some of their FO's because I haven't tried theirs yet. It will be here Wednesday and I will play with it to see how it does.

I really like CS. Place an order by 3 est and its shipped the same day. Their shipping rates have been lower than any place else I have ordered from. I realize being in TN I am closer to them but they are cheaper than suppliers even in KY for shipping. I like the shipping calculator. I can play around with what I am thinking about ordering and see where the big jump in shipping is going to be and drop that item off when shipping jumps.

Jami

CS had the specs for the amount of FO gb 415 and 444 as up to 2 oz a pound under the descriptions. Testing 444 I used 2 ounces to see if it would hold that much and I dont think that much FO will incorporate into this wax. I am thinking about 415 to try, I saw a post earlier that said that is actually EZ Soy, did you know that?

Natalie

I wonder if Jason should address this with CS because Jason typed up the specs and someone even bumped up his thread some time today that had all the GB waxes and their Max loads.

If I saw a wax that said a 2 oz FO load, I wouldn't buy the wax. That's such a waste of FO's. Most good FO's will throw at 1 oz per pound. The lighter scents need to be bumped up though.

I have about 35 lbs left of the 444 and a new 50 lb box of 415 sitting here to play with. I also have some container paraffins and beeswax on the way to see how different blends might do.

I am going to start with what I KNOW are my strong thrower oils tomorrow and then work my way down to what needs help and I will use the blends for those oils.

I really like the 415 and would like the 444 better if I could pour a decent looking candle hahahaha.

I will don my "mad chemist" hat tomorrow and play some more hehehehe

I order from CS. I use cb135 and ecosoya pb for tarts. I also use their fo's alot. My absolute fav is coconut lime verbena. My other bests are (not in any order): mulberry, lilac, honeysuckle jasmine, hydrangea, peach, peppermint and eucalyptus, plumeria, sweet pea, fig forest, med. fig. These are the only ones I have tried in wax. I have other samples and they smell great.

Good luck. They are worth trying.

Janet

If I saw a wax that said a 2 oz FO load, I wouldn't buy the wax.

That simply means that the wax will HOLD that much FO. It doesn't mean you HAVE to use that much. I agree that using 2oz/pp wax is a waste of FO but some people really like to load up on the fragrance (and this wax will hold it). IMO, too much ruins the true scent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.aromafieldscandles.com