How My Palm Containers Burned

OK some results - sorry no pictures. My 5 oz apoth I wicked with a 12 and made in cranberry marmalade with 1 oz fo - Burned great, not even a smidgen of soot on jar! I am now burning my 10 apoth that I double wicked with 12's - You might could single wick with a 14. The flame is a little larger than I like. If you double wick the 11 might be fine. My 10 oz tumbler I wicked with 14 seems to be burning fine - made in honeysuckle jasmine. My pillar I wicked with 12 and made in moon lake musk smell so good unlit and looks so pretty just can't burn it yet. Will soon though - actually waiting for a room to burn in - I have 2 extra bedrooms but don't usually test in those. Just great room which is kitchen,dining,and living rooms combined. My bedroom which is now home of honeysuckle jasmine and bathrooms for smaller sizes. BYW - my 10oz tumbler has a thick base and the crystalizing did not start until about a 1/2" of so from the bottom. Everything else starts at bottom. All cooled on high rack.

Made 1 votive in moon lake musk and used the 9 csn and it burned great with that wick

Thats great grama. With all the test results on various waxes this is the first wax that has had such great reviews with little to no problems, actually no problems. I am glad everyone is enjoying this wax plus the new wicking. Sounds like a no-fuss wax to me. I am sure they will make their money off of us on this wax. Good job candlescience. It really is a very pretty container wax.

My 9 oz with a 12 wick is burning now, moon lake musk...great throw. But its burning a bit strange. The melt pool is not even but the flame is good. It seems to be catching up with itself. It had like almost a layered look to the melt pool, hard to explain. Its been going for about 3 hrs now. But I had trouble with that jar b4, with J50. I have another one to test in my 8 oz salsa jar. My pillar that I tested a few days ago was going great and then staarted leaking down the side. I t was a 3" and I used the 14 wick. Gonna try another one. My crystalization is good in containers. I dried them on a rack also. They are sure pretty to look at. Keep us posted and I will too!

I just posted this photo on another thread but it seems more appropriate here. I'm burning in a 11oz tumbler glass glow 14csn 3 inch diameter with 1oz of violet Lime. I'm having tunneling issues and was wondering if this sucker catches up after a while. :undecided

<center><font face="verdana" size="1"><a href="http://www.myeasypics.com/is.php?i=277544&img=DSC02486.JPG" target

My tumbler - 10 oz though I wonder is much actual difference in 10 or 11 oz - seems to be burning fine. In honeysuckle jasmine with a 14. If I look close it seems like there is a small crust on top but under crust is melted wax. It has been burning for probably approx 2 hr. I am still thinking I should order the 11's if I am going to double wick the apoth. Seems like customers like the 2 wicks and I sorta do because you don't have to have as large a flame when you use 2 versus the 1, even though it is more trouble.

Mine is tunneling also, with the 9 oz jar and the 12 wick. But I started it last night and it seems to be catching up now somewhat. But it smells great. I'm gonna try my other jars. Hope they do better.

I just posted this photo on another thread but it seems more appropriate here. I'm burning in a 11oz tumbler glass glow 14csn 3 inch diameter with 1oz of violet Lime. I'm having tunneling issues and was wondering if this sucker catches up after a while. :undecided

<center><font face="verdana" size="1"><a href="http://www.myeasypics.com/is.php?i=277544&img=DSC02486.JPG" target

Wow, that looks weird, let us know if it catches up!

BTW, I am expecting my order of this wax in early this week, and I know about cooling on a rack for air flow; it also says on the CS site that for proper crystalization, you should SLOW cool. How did you folks manage that if you're cooling it open on a rack?

I am burning the glass glow in my salsa 8 oz jar and it is tunneling too. Wonder what is causing that, maybe we need to poke holes and re-pour. I'm making another pillar now, the pillar burned better than the jars so far. We will get it right sooner or later, most likely later...:angry2:

I tested the palm container from Candlewic and found that on the 1st and 2nd burns that it appeared to tunnel but when I looked closer I could see that there was actually just a thin 'crust' layer on top but the wax beneath the 'crust' was fully melted outward. On the 3rd burn the 'crust' melted away and I ended up with a perfect melt pool each time after that.

I'm going to be test burning my glass glow containers this evening and am expecting to see the same type of burn characteristics.

Flight of Fancy my tumbler has been burning for about 3-4 hours and the crust has disappeared, good melt pool and burning real clean on sides.

Edited- I think if we go with the wick size candlescience says we probably won't go wrong, especially on their fo since they have tested those. jmt

Flight of Fancy my tumbler has been burning for about 3-4 hours and the crust has disappeared, good melt pool and burning real clean on sides.
I hope my testers do the same. It will be nice to have it burn clean on the first lighting. :D

I'm trying a single CDN 14 in a 16 oz apothecary so I'm going to watch it with baited breath hoping a single wick works without the flame looking like it's coming from a blow torch.

Ok...here is an update on my burn. It has now been burning about 5 hours at this point and it looks as if it starts to catch up but still has the ledge on the sides. I'm going to burn it again tomorrow and see if a few burns are needed to even it out. :confused:

<center><font face="verdana" size="1"><a href="http://www.myeasypics.com/is.php?i=277575&img=DSC02488.JPG" target

isbennis - look real close and see if there is liquid - melted wax under crust. Mine burned like that for couple hours and after looking it was melted under thin crust - it finally caught up though after 3-4 hours. This was in a 10oz tumbler