Donitas shell canes

Practice makes perfect.........sometimes I overdip sometimes I don't. And it will cover up the little flaws. You can use the 5055 or 4045 or 4045EP EP....just depends on what works for you. I like to add white beeswax to my overdip because it seems to have better adhesion.....the EP seems to be better too. Most waxes without additives work. You just have to find how to work with it. I also use UV inhibitors to help keep my flowers from fading too.

Dipping a warmed up candle is a good thing too. If it is cold....the wax doesn't want to stick.

Donita Louise

well I'm done with it and its part good and part bad, if I knew how to post a pic I would so you could tell me what I did wrong. I'm going to try to send you a pic to your e mail.....practice makes perfect and I need plenty of practice with these babies! But thats what its all about!

The first ones that I did back in about 1993/94 I didn't heat off the wax. They were clear and you could see the shells embedded. I sold a ton of them.....then it was my daughter, Amanda, who decided to heat off the wax and see what happened. Well.......that taught me a lesson. She was really on to something. Then I learned to embed the "grass" too.....so if you don't want to put it on the outside....try putting it in with the shells....just hold it in place with a little chunk of wax....pour hot....tap the bubbles out....waterbath....and see what happens. Donita Louise