Here's my shopping cart....

Oh cool. I was kinda wondering what kind of additives I was going to need for those hurricanes. I think its going to take experiments to find out what happens. I think I'm leaning on a wrap-around-picture as embeddment so I'll get a bunch of copies. lol.

On the part about doing pillars first... Well, you know... if I start doing pillars It will be weeks before I get to hurricanes. lol. I know I'm gonna wanna play with pillars with layers and rustics and colors and different FO's and etc etc.. lol. Uh, better make that months.

I was thinking about getting used to hot wax with containers to begin with, as they seem pretty simple, so I have something to burn in my hurricanes. That way I can get a little practice before I start messing with water baths and 5 lbs of wax "slinging".

I just want the hurricanes for myself, if I can avoid the addiction, that is. ;)

Since you're pouring most of the hurricane wax back..... and you'll always have leftover because they always have to reach the heighth...

What do you do with the leftover???

I was thinking about making wax "plates", but thats only because I don't have any clue what else to do.

Since you're pouring most of the hurricane wax back..... and you'll always have leftover because they always have to reach the heighth...

What do you do with the leftover???

I was thinking about making wax "plates", but thats only because I don't have any clue what else to do.

Just recycle the leftover and make another hurricane. :smiley2:

Just recycle the leftover and make another hurricane. :smiley2:

And then you have leftover again. Hehe. Unless you're making hurricanes infinity, eventually you're gonna have leftover hurricane wax.

Unless you keep making shorter and shorter hurricanes. lol.

1) Just put the leftovers aside cause you can use it next time.

2) Keeping the melt pot off the bottom -- I hang it on the side of the pan and it doesn't touch the bottom....isn't that what that handle is for??? If you need some pots/pans -- get them at Savers or Goodwill.

3) order a bunch of sample wicks cause you'll need them. Cin and Vanilla are both heavy oils and a bugger to wick sometimes.

4) you need a heat gun -- any hardware store OR watch the sunday paper for Michael's 40% off coupons...I bought their embossing gun and really like it - small & easy to handle.

5) Phoenix, huh? Me too.

Happy pouring:)

1) Just put the leftovers aside cause you can use it next time.

2) Keeping the melt pot off the bottom -- I hang it on the side of the pan and it doesn't touch the bottom....isn't that what that handle is for??? If you need some pots/pans -- get them at Savers or Goodwill.

3) order a bunch of sample wicks cause you'll need them. Cin and Vanilla are both heavy oils and a bugger to wick sometimes.

4) you need a heat gun -- any hardware store OR watch the sunday paper for Michael's 40% off coupons...I bought their embossing gun and really like it - small & easy to handle.

5) Phoenix, huh? Me too.

Happy pouring:)

Hey! Howdy neighbor! Good to see someone here in the valley on here.

Hanging the pot by the handle is perfect. Its one of those "why didn't I think of that" ideas.

Hardware stores, Savers, Goodwill, craft stores, art prints... this is not a working-single-dad kind of hobby here. At least I can get the chain and the heat gun in the same store.

Thanks for the tips, you had a winner there. Phoenicians rock. :cheesy2: