My first sortamottle

First attempt with the 1274. Not sure if i did it right but, it smells good, doesnt look too bad, For some reason or another the top of this candle in this picture looks like a huge crater, Its really not. Just a concave pillar mold. I find that some of the fragrance oil is beading up on the outside of the candle. Is this normal?

Its scented Spiked Raspberry and its really not crooked...Just the person taking the picture is a little off center:D

mottle.jpg

That is such a pretty color. It turned out nice :)

I get a fine sheen of oil on the outside sometimes with mine too. Sometimes just letting it sit for a few days will make it absorb back in/dry out.

I really need to get some stearic to try too...lol

Did you add stearic? When I first tried this wax without any stearic I got an all over mottle....and I didn't like the burn. But with some stearic....up to 3 T per pound with 3% FO it looks much better. And the scent throw for me is great. I don't like too much FO....makes the candle ooze oil and burn badly. In my experiences. Wipe off your candle with a soft cloth and let it sit for a few days. It will improve the surface. Thanks for sharing your candle with us. Donita Louise