Best brand impulse sealer?

ah-soy

Finally decided to order an impulse sealer and was just hoping for recommendations on the best brand or place to purchase. I'll be using it more for sealing foil packets and plastic tubing...not so much for shrink wrap. I've searched the net only to confuse myself as to which will be the best for my purposes! TIA !

Shrinkwrapstore.com

Awesome Prices, Excellent Service, Smaller purchasing quantities for the bags and supplies, and Lightening Quick service.

My impulse sealer was one of the best investments I've made (Laser Printer was the best!).

Thanks so much Lindsay, I went to their site to order and they are gone for two weeks :undecided Do you know if their sealers work as well for sealing hdpe tubes as opposed to shrink wrap or foil bags? The price was great!

I cruised your site today, and boy do I want to talk with you about your products. I'll try to call next week and set an phone appointment time with ya :D

I've been wanting to try out the sealer to seal the open ended malibus. According to most of the sites I've read that offer these types of bottles, they should work. But I haven't actually tried them yet.

(PS - I look forward to hearing from you!)

I know lots of people love Harbor Freight, but you may want to call your order in, rather than simply place it through their website. My impulse sealer was actually a birthday present from my mom. My family thinks I'm weird (except my mom), gettting all excited about receiving stuff like this for birthdays and Christmas. Actually my birthday is in less than two weeks, and this year I think she's getting me some new and larger stock pots. :whoohoo:

Anyway, I'm sidetracking myself.

I researched companies for the impulse sealers, and basically just gave her a few website recommendations on who to buy from. With all the recommendations, I went with Harbor Freight. So she ordered it the very beginning of April (this was last year - my bday is May 1st). When she hadn't received it a few days before my birthday, she started tracking them down, first through e-mail and then phone. The sealer she ordered was out of stock, and backordered. It wasn't going to be back in until June! :shocked2: She had to cancel the order, and simply write me a check, which I then used to order from www.shrinkwrapstore.com. (and then promptly received within several days. If they didn't ship same day, then it went out next day at the very latest)

I don't fault Harbor Freight for being out of stock. It happens to everyone. It was the fact that they never let her know about it, and just assumed we'd be fine receiving our order more than 2 months after it had been placed, that totally ticked me and my mom off. And my mom does not get ticked off easily. She's the most laid back, give the other person the benefit of the doubt, type of person I know. I think mostly she was upset because it meant all she could give me at the family b-day party was a check, and she hates that.

Anyway, if you order from them, it might not be a bad idea to call the order in, especially if they've been having any kind of a sale. This is what happened to us, she came in at the end of a sale. Anyway, there's the good, bad, and ugly about it. :D