More Diaper cakes

Carriegsxr6

I decided to make one large one for the center piece of the gift table, and then decided to do a few more for center pieces on the other tables.

My friend is doing the baby nursery in red and blue with a vintage baseball theme. So when I saw this fabric, I got so excited and bought a couple yards of each, even at $7.99 a yard. Ouch.

I also found these vintage glass baby milk bottles that I snatched up a few months ago, and realized they would be perfect to fill with soy wax and place them on top of the cakes. Scented vanilla.

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

Those are so cute and what a great idea :highfive: When I first saw the diaper cake posts I thought ok another cake to eat! :embarasse I must live in the stone age b/c I have never seen one of these!! Are those diap's for infants? I assume that the parent to be can use them on the baby to be?

Those are so cute and what a great idea :highfive: When I first saw the diaper cake posts I thought ok another cake to eat! :embarasse I must live in the stone age b/c I have never seen one of these!! Are those diap's for infants? I assume that the parent to be can use them on the baby to be?

yep, these are new born diapers and are suppose to be used. :cool2:

i used size 1's for the top and middle teir on mine and sizes twos for the bottom teir... mommy has already gotten 5 packs of newborns so i figured that would be pointless lol. really you can use any size diaper some people use three different izes so that the cake will slowly get dismantled instead of the whole thing getting torn apart

• 2 weeks later...

WOW I bet those are very time consuming, however they look very cluttered, too busy. KWIM? I've never seen a DC with so much stuff on it. Too much of something can be bad. JMO of course! The middle layer on the bottom DC appears to be uneven. With that being said, your friend will appreciate it.

That has got to be the hardest thing I've ever had to look at. I have seen some awesome diaper cakes. I can give you the links if you'd like to see how they should look.

diaper cakes should look however the designer wants them to especially since for this particular cake she was working with a theme

Is the material big enough to be reused for something in the bedroom, or is it just for the cake?

I hope it can be utilized somehow, otherwise that is such a waste.

I just gave her these cakes over the weekend, and she was already thinking of ways to utilize the fabric. So I would say, yes, they can be used for something else.