Opinions on Comfort Blend IGI 4627

Hi Everyone,

Time to order more wax, and I'm uncertain whether I'll order Comfort Blend IGI 4627 again. I love the performance of this wax. Steady burn, long lasting, great throw. But it's like making candles with Vaseline! I gave up using a knife to cut it early on. I've tried a big spoon (broke the big plastic spoon!) I've tried my hand in a latex glove. I have to conclude the best way to get it out is scoop it up with my bare hand. Then it does NOT wash off. I have to wipe my hand clean, as best I can with paper towels, and hope I don't leave too much residue on door knobs etc, everywhere my hands go.

Anyone else use this wax? Love it? Hate it? Suggestions on working with it?

Thanks!

Krystal

But it leaves your hands so soft! heh. I generally use a paper towel to get off as much as possible and then seriously rub it into my hands. I don't do that with scented wax but when loading my melter I do. I also run directly to wash my clothes. It is sticky, sticky! But, I do like it. I am going to continue to test it for a while. I have about 150 lbs to work with so I feel I can get it where I want it - but, I have a 150 lb melter. There is no way you could make me load little bits of that wax!

Yep, its messy!! But the throw is awesome. Guess that is the most important thing for me.

I slice down the bag and then cut from corners with a electric knife. Best way I have found over the years. Still takes awhile though.

I put a 25 pound block in the turkey fryer but even getting it out of the damn bag can be a bitty! I used gloves so at least I don't have to worry about getting all that sticky stuff off. By the way....what is the best wick for this wax? I am using zinc... but not loving it.The J50 is a soft but much more manageable. It is a little sticky but in a slab form instead of the block of vaseline!

I love my ooey gooey comfort blend! Yeah it's a mess, but the end result is so worth the hassle. My husband created some sort of handled tool to slice through the stuff and he keeps it cut up for me.. it does keep my hands soft for sure lol, and I rub it right in. Soap and warm water gets off any residue later.

For whomever asked about wicking it... I use zincs. And I love 'em. I've been using the zinc CB combination exclusively for about a year now. I have never had a single complaint from any customer, and my wholesale accounts keep growing, so I assume they haven't heard the complaints either. It's a great wax if you can deal with the mess!

I use IGI 4630 which is a similar sticky consistency.
Based on what I've read here, 4630 (harmony blend?) appears to be not quite so sticky as the comfort blend. I've used 4630 without too many problems on stickiness. But for you, Krystal, it may not be worth making the switch, as I understand the wicking is a bit different.

we used gloves when we had to handle the wax..good throw but it made the ghost shadows terrible on my walls so I gave it up and went back to soy

Hi. Did the candles soot when you burned them so you could see it on the jars? So the soy doesn't make the ghost shadows? Just curious as to if this shows up just if you can see sooting or if it just appears. Thanks. Beth