Wwwaaaaahhhh

ruba

My best friend asked me to make her some peach scented soap. This is what it looks like!!!

100_3091.jpg

I am pretty sure it was the FO, another Cierra Candles FO-Juicy Peach- it smells SO good in B&B stuff :drool: but obviously sucks a CP.

I stick blended the crap out of it for 30 minutes, everytime I stopped the power, within sceonds it seperated and looked like this. I know that my temps were on the lower side a bit lower than 100, (I even tried heating it up a bit in the micro... hell what did I have to loose the batch was pretty much toast at that point) this was a 1# batch I was trying not to waste too much if something like this happened...:undecided

I did add sugar and salt in the H2O before the lye...could that have something to do with it?? I had never tried these before.

Thanks for letting me vent, and any suggestions you may have, I am all ears.

Did the FO say it was soap safe? (n/m the website says SS for "skin-safe for soap and bath & body products") There is a difference between being safe for skin and being tested for use in soap, though.

This isn't the first peach I've heard of being a bear in soap -- anyone have experience a soap friendly peach?

Thanks gals,

I knew that I took my chances on the FO, and I don't ever see very much regarding Cierra Candles and saoping...so lesson learned...again.

e- I guess I will have to learn to HP, it funny because that thought crossed my mind for a fleeting second when I realized "I don't know the first thing about HP-ing" At least I have that "beautiful" ricing pic so others can see. But the color in the soap came out nice for peach.

Off to go read...thanks again

I'm no expert but I reliazed you may not be able to use cierra's fo's for cp only because they do not state stuff like cp tested or soy wax tested. I mainly use their fo's for everything else candles, mp soaps, lotions but thats it. I use rustic esscentuals or bitter creek they have great fo's! Very strong.:D

e- I guess I will have to learn to HP, it funny because that thought crossed my mind for a fleeting second when I realized "I don't know the first thing about HP-ing" At least I have that "beautiful" ricing pic so others can see. But the color in the soap came out nice for peach.

Off to go read...thanks again

Read up on crockpot and oven. Either might have saved the batch. I only mention this as many don't realize that you can plod on and save the batch with HP and have it turn out just fine.

Read up on crockpot and oven. Either might have saved the batch. I only mention this as many don't realize that you can plod on and save the batch with HP and have it turn out just fine.

Eugenia thanks for the reminder. I was on the verge of tossing some soap on a stick when I read this - I'm running now to get out my crock pot since I realize that I can rescue seized soap that way too!

Eugenia thanks for the reminder. I was on the verge of tossing some soap on a stick when I read this - I'm running now to get out my crock pot since I realize that I can rescue seized soap that way too!

Yes, HP works for seized as well. I much prefer that to trying to slam into a mold and end up with a rebatch anyway.