heavy/light FO's

britishgirl

hi

have seen different FO called heavy and light what do others define as heavy FO's and light FO's

no laughing please im new to this :embarasse

Everyone here for the most part is very nice. No matter how silly the question may seem, we all have been new.

Your question has already been answered!!!:wink2:

Well, now I see it differently. I see it more of a fragrance description - to me for example many woods and bakery scents are "heavy" - I guess thick and rich? And some florals can be heavy. Others are lighter, almost effervescent even. TO ME.

Everyone here for the most part is very nice. No matter how silly the question may seem, we all have been new.

Your question has already been answered!!!:wink2:

i know everyones nice here and answers :D but there are times when as a new kid on the block i feel a little :embarasse asking questions that may seem to have obvious answer, but then if you dont ask you dont learn

long may the questions keep coming

• 8 months later...

I differentiate by saying whether the scent is heavy or the oil is heavy. A heavy oil is one to wick up on. A heavy scent is strong and/or headache-inducing for people overly sensitive to smells.

With that in mind, I thought about starting a thread asking what FOs people have found heavy that they need to wick up on, and which are lighter so that our standard choices for wicks work. For example, 36-24-36 zinc wicks are working for me in IGI 4794 wax with some FOs, but I get better throw with bigger wicks in other FOs. Does anyone know if a thread like that already exists? I found this one while searching for that.

Edit: found a thread like I was looking for: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32069&highlight=heavy

Darbla