Candelscience Review-Oils in wax

evesorto

Well, I finally got a chance to burn at least one of each type of tart that I made from the 12 samples I bought during the 99 cent sale.

The one's I loved the best and have now bought large glass bottles of are:

Frankinsence and Myhrr

Honeysuckle Jasmine

Hansel and Gretel's House.

All of the oils had very powerful hot and cold throws so it is just a matter of personal preference.

I also liked the Mimosa/Mandarin and the Black Currant Nectarine but I would say that they reminded me of fruit punch. It just so happens that fruit punch is a nice scent (although I wouldn't have thought so.)

Cucumber melon was also very nice. As was Creme Brulee. True to their names.

I didn't like Rain or Moon Lake Musk, but other people did (preference).

I put Mediteranean Fig in a lotion that smelled real nice.

I see from my old post that I also have Fig forrest, Peach and Med Fig which at this time I have still not tested the tarts. I will let you know when I do. I like the cold throw and I imagine that they will be wonderful as all of the oils were very strong throwers. HTH

Eve

Most of the samples I got....everyone loved. Favorites were Moon Lake Musk, Cranberry Marm. and Banana Nut Bread. I got another sample yesterday.....Wildberry Mousse. OOB it is AWESOME! Gonna try it in wax this week end. It might be a new favorite of mine. I didn't care for Med. Fig and Chardonnay was great OOB but didn't seem very strong to me as HT. Apple Jack & Peel was great and had a great HT.

I soaped some honeysuckle jasmine and all I can say is WOW!! I am taking the soaps to sell at a craft show this Saturday to see how they fair.

I also tried the Med Fig in soap and love it so much I have a bar in my bath for everyday!

I put the peach in soy and wasn't wowed by it. It has a good cold and hot throw but turned out too tart for my taste. I am looking for a less tart more sweet peach fragrance. Peach is my fav candle scent so I am very particular about it!! LOL

I still have lots of samples to test-- just not enough time! I want to try the Hansel and Gretel's House-- it smells great OOB! Hope it does well in my soy.

I'm finding that the CandleScience FO's throw really well for me...hot and cold. I didn't care for Moon Lake Musk, either. Gave me a headache when I poured it. My daughter and hubby liked it, though. But I LOVE Cranberry Marmalade, Rain Water, Strudel & Spice and their new Violet Lime has a clean, strong throw, also.

Most of the samples I got....everyone loved. Favorites were Moon Lake Musk, Cranberry Marm. and Banana Nut Bread. I got another sample yesterday.....Wildberry Mousse. OOB it is AWESOME! Gonna try it in wax this week end. It might be a new favorite of mine. I didn't care for Med. Fig and Chardonnay was great OOB but didn't seem very strong to me as HT. Apple Jack & Peel was great and had a great HT.

I picked up a sample of the Wildberry Mousse yesterday and can't wait to get it in wax! Yummy!:drool:

Hi! I'm new to the board and have been experimenting for a few months making tarts - I'm becoming very frustrated because I keep reading different things about waxes, temps to add the FOs, when to add your FOs and dye - and I was so hoping to get some experienced advice here - I just saw where Eve uses a certain wax - and was wondering if you would share your experience with what temperature you find best to use when adding your FO. Any advice from anyone would be so very much appreciated - I really want to enjoy what I'm doing, plus make the best tart possible, and I feel like I need someone to hold my hand - I'm all ears!!!! Thanks so much!!!

I am NOT experienced and here's what I do. I weigh out the wax. If I am using a 1 oz sample size of fo, then I weigh out 10 oz wax. I heat wax until it melts...this takes appx 20 min. I use a wire wisk and I mix the unscented wax for a few seconds. If I want I add a color chip. I mix a few seconds. Then I add the fo and I mix about 30 sec. Then I pour. I don't know what temp ...appx 150.

HTH

Eve